Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
Price to be Updated
Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml Description
Cefalex 125mg Syp is an antibiotic and is used for the treatment of different types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, sinuses (such as sinusitis), throat (tonsillitis), chest and lungs (such
as bronchitis, pneumonia), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections). It contains cephalexin (or cefalexin) as its active ingredient. Cefalex 125mg Syp should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You must complete the entire course of this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Cefalex 125mg Syp .
Uses of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
Contraindications of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
- If you are allergic to cephalexin or any other ingredients of Cefalex 125mg Syp .
- If you are allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
- If you are suffering from a hereditary condition called porphyria.
Side effects of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Cefalex 125mg Syp , immediately contact your doctor.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You develop bloody diarrhoea or mucous in diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- Cefalex 125mg Syp should be taken only on your doctor’s prescription and complete the course of the medicine. Discontinuing the medicine in between treatment may lead to the bacteria becoming resistant to this medicine....
Mode of Action of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
- Take Cefalex 125mg Syp as instructed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefalex 125mg Syp works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines used to treat cancer, gout (Probenecid), water tablets (ethacrynic acid, furosemide), diabetes (metformin), or other antibiotics.
- Cefalex 125mg Syp should not be concomitantly used with medicine like clindamycin, doxycycline to treat your bacterial infection.
- Medicines used to thin your blood like warfarin should be used with caution along with Cefalex 125mg Syp as it may increase bleeding.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Cefalex 125mg Syrup 40ml
- Cefalex 125mg Syp should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.