Cefakind 250mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefakind 250 tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections of various parts of the body. It contains Cefuroxime as its active ingredient. Cefuroxime is a higher antibiotic and belongs to the class of cephalosporins. Cefakind 250 tablet is effective against infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of the bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. You should avoid taking antibiotics for flu, cold and seasonal allergies as these diseases are caused by viruses and antibiotics are not effective against viruses. You should also avoid taking antibiotics when not required as an excessive intake can make antibiotics to be ineffective for future infections. Also, refrain from using it for a prolonged time as it can also affect the good bacteria present in the body along with harmful bacteria.
Uses of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
For the treatment of infections of airways, lung, throat, skin, urinary tract and gynaecological infection.
Contraindications of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or other ingredients of Cefakind tablet.
- If you have experienced an allergic reaction upon the use of certain antibiotics (Penicillins, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics). If you are not sure about these antibiotics ask your doctor.read less
Side effects of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Risk of getting infections
Precautions and Warnings of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
Can I take the Cefakind 250 Tablet during pregnancy?
There is no information available on the safety of Cefakind 250 in pregnant women and thus it should only be used if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take the Cefakind 250 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cefuroxime passes into breast milk in small quantities and can alter the microbial flora of the breastfed baby. Watch for the symptoms of diarrhoea and thrush in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cefakind 250 Tablet?
You may feel dizzy while on treatment with the Cefakind 250 tablet. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cefakind 250 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Cefakind 250 tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop rashes with blisters and peeling of skin after taking this tablet.
- You have kidney or liver disease; a dose adjustment may be required.
- You develop white patches on your mouth after consumption of this tablet.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital.
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine.
- Cefakind 250 may alter the result of a few blood tests, inform your doctor or lab personnel about it.
Mode of Action of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefakind 250 tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis, absence of bacterial cell wall will cause the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
- Cefakind 250 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken after a meal to avoid any stomach discomfort.
- Always complete the course of antibiotics for effective infection control.
Interactions of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefakind 250 tablet works or Cefakind itself can affect the action of certain medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about the medicines, herbals or supplements you are taking or have recently taken or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for an acidity problem, contraceptive pills, medicines for gout and blood thinners. If you are taking contraceptive pills while you are being treated with this medicine, you may also need to use an additional physical contraceptive measure.read less
Storage and disposal of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
- Store Cefakind 250 tablets in a cool and dry place & protect them from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cefakind 250mg Tablet
Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an excessive dose of Cefakind 250. An overdose of Cefakind 250 can affect your brain and you may experience fits or even coma.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Cefakind 250 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Cefakind 250 before the prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection difficult to treat.
Q: Is Cefakind 250 safe during pregnancy?
A: The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnant women. You should take advice from your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
Q: Can I take the Cefakind 250 for urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Cefakind 250 can be used for the treatment of UTI. However, you should not self-medicate with an antibiotic and always use it under medical supervision.
Q: What does Cefakind 250 do?
A: Cefakind 250 tablet is an antibiotic medicine, it is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in various body parts such as lungs, tonsils, airways, genitals, skin and urinary tract.
Q: Can I use Cefakind 250 for typhoid?
A: Yes, Cefakind 250 can be used for typhoid fever. Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection, however, it is recommended not to self-medicate with antibiotics and take this only its a confirmed typhoid case under the supervision of a doctor.
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved