Calpol 650mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Calpol 650 tablet is used to reduce fever and relieve pain. It contains paracetamol (also called acetaminophen) as its active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the action of certain substances that cause pain and act on the brain centre. The possibility of getting any side effects with Calpol 650 tablet is mostly rare. However, sometimes you may experience skin rash or itching. If you experience any allergic symptoms after taking this medicine. Then visit your doctor or nearest hospital....
|You Save||₹5.22 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(650.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Fever and pain|
|Side effects||Skin rash, itching or blisters|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(650.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Calpol 650mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Calpol 650 MG
Calpol 650 tablet is used to treat fever and pain.
Contraindications of Calpol 650 MG
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Calpol 650 tablet.
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Calpol 650 MG
Side effects with Calpol 650 tablet are usually rare. However, you may sometimes experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, an allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with paracetamol if used too frequently or for long-term treatment....
Precautions and Warnings of Calpol 650 MG
Can I take Calpol 650 tablets during pregnancy?
Calpol 650 tablet can be used during pregnancy if recommended by your doctor. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Calpol 650 tablets while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into the breastmilk in a very small amount and has negligible effects on the breastfed infants. Thus, Calpol 650 tablet can be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Calpol 650 tablet?
Calpol 650 mg tablet is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Calpol 650 tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol while on treatment with Calpol 650 tablet is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems. It would be best if you avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any infection.
- You are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You are alcoholic or have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol in excess.
- You should not use Calpol 650 if you are taking other medicines containing paracetamol. Taking too much paracetamol can cause liver damage.
Mode of Action of Calpol 650 MG
How Does It Work?
Calpol 650 tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling body temperature....
Directions for Use of Calpol 650 MG
Swallow Calpol 650 mg tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
Interactions of Calpol 650 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines such as metoclopramide or domperidone used to treat nausea or vomiting, a blood thinner such as warfarin and antibiotic such as chloramphenicol.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
Storage and disposal of Calpol 650 MG
- Store Calpol 650 mg tablets at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Calpol 650 MG
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or feel you have consumed too much of Calpol 650 tablet.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose of Calpol 650 tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions must be taken when using Calpol 650 tablet?
A: Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of an overdose. Caution is needed for the elderly as well.
Q: Can I give Calpol 650 tablets to my 5-year-old child who has a fever?
A: No, Calpol 650 tablet is not meant for children below 12 years of age.
Q: My child happened to consume 5 tablets of Calpol 650 mg. What should I do?
A: Immediately take your child to the hospital. It may take some time before symptoms of overdose appear. The physician will evaluate with help of laboratory reports and examination to check if the baby's liver is doing fine.
Q: Can Calpol 650 be used for cold and fever?
A: You can take Calpol 650 mg tablet for controlling fever but it will not be useful for cold.
Q: What is the use of Calpol 650 mg tablet?
A: Calpol 650 is used to relieve fever and mild-to-moderate pain. It is also used to get relief from headache, toothache, migraine, period pain and other painful conditions.
Q: Can elder patients use Calpol 650 tablet?
A: Kidney and liver function in the elderly is not as optimum as in the young population. Caution is needed when giving Calpol 650 tablets to elderly with existing diseases. It should be used only after consulting your doctor. You should inform the doctor about all diseases the older person has (especially liver or kidney diseases). This will help the doctor decide the safe dose as per their age and kidney or liver function.
Q: Are there any side effects of taking the Calpol 650 tablet?
A: The possibility of getting any side effects with the Calpol 650 tablet is mostly rare. However, sometimes you may experience skin rash or itching. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel they persist, you should consult your doctor.
Q: How many Calpol 650 can be taken in a day?
A: You should take the recommended dose of Calpol 650. If you do not feel relief in symptoms, the doctor will prescribe you additional medicine accordingly but do not take it on your own.
Q: Can I take Calpol 650 for migraines?
A: No, Calpol 650 is not effective for migraine-associated headaches. Thus it is advised to use this medicine only after the doctor's advice.
Q: How long does Calpol 650 take to reduce a fever?
A: Calpol 650 starts acting within an hour after its oral consumption. And the effect of Calpol 650 lasts for 6-7 hours. If you do not feel any improvement even after 2-3 doses of Calpol 650, inform the doctor. But do not take it endlessly on your own.
Q: Can we take Calpol without food?
A: Calpol 650 can be taken before or after food. But to avoid stomach discomfort you can consume it with food. Take it as a whole with a glass of water or as directed by your doctor. Do not consume more than that recommended by your doctor.
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 January 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 January 2022]
- Lactmed - Paracetamol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 25 January 2022]
- CDSCO - Paracetamol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 January 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- Calpol 650 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol Strawberry Flav 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol Paed 100 Mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15 Ml
- Calpol 120 Mg Strawberry Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Suspension
- Calpol 500 Mg Bottle Of 1000 Tablets
- Calpol 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol 250 Mg Bottle Of 120 Ml Suspension
- Calpol 650 Mg Jar Of 750 Tablets
- Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.