Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Calpol 250 mg Tablet contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever). It is safe to be used in the dose recommended by your doctor. Taking it in more than recommended dosage can lead to liver damage. This medicine must be used in caution with individuals suffering from severe kidney and liver dysfunction. Tell your doctor all about your medical condition before taking the tablet.
Uses of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
For the treatment of fever and pain.
Contraindications of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
Headache Dizziness Weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Calpol 250 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Paracetamol can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends it. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Calpol 250 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into the breastmilk in a small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Calpol 250 mg Tablet?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Calpol 250 mg Tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking paracetamol is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- You are an alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
Mode of Action of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Calpol 250 mg Tablet contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever.
Directions for Use of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
Take this medicine as a whole with a glass of water or as directed by your doctor. Check expiry before consuming.
Interactions of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like colestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Calpol 250 mg Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol.
Storage and disposal of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store at room temperature.
- This medicine must be kept away from the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the tablets if they have passed the expiry date.
Dosage of Calpol 250 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Taking Calpol 250 mg Tablet in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or you are an alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of an overdose.
- Caution is needed in older people too.
Q: My child has a fever, can I give Calpol 250 mg Tablet to my child who is five years old?
A: No, this medicine is not meant for use in children below 6 years of age.
Q: My child, who is 3 years old happened to consume 5 tablets of paracetamol, what should I do?
A: Immediately take your child to the hospital. It may take some time before symptoms of overdose appear. The physician will evaluate with help of laboratory reports and examination to check if the baby's liver is doing fine.
Q: Are paracetamol and acetaminophen the same or different medicines?
A: Paracetamol and Acetaminophen are names of the same molecule.
Q: I am diabetic, can I take a Calpol tablet?
A: Diabetic individuals may develop kidney ailments in the future, thus they should take this medicine with caution. Do not take the medicine unless advised by your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
- Calpol 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol 650 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol Paed 100 Mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15 Ml
- Calpol 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol Strawberry Flav 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol 120 Mg Suspension 60 Ml
- Calpol 120 Mg Strawberry Flavour Suspension 60 Ml
- Calpol 650 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Bottle Of 1000 Tablets
- Calpol 250 Mg Susp 120 Ml
- Calpol 1000 Mg Tablet
- Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
- Calpol 650 Mg Jar Of 750 Tablets
Last Updated on: 02 Apr 2021 | 09:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved