Calcinase Nasal Spray
Calcinase 200 IU Description
Calcinase Nasal Spray contains calcitonin as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of thinning of bones in women whose menses are naturally stopped after a certain age (postmenopausal o
teoporosis). It is also used in the treatment of bone pain due to the resorption of bone due to certain medical conditions. It works by inhibiting the resorption of bones by acting on bone cells responsible for bone resorption. Do not use the medication without your doctor's prescription. Follow up with your doctor is necessary once you complete your course.
Uses of Calcinase 200 IU
Contraindications of Calcinase 200 IU
- If you are allergic to calcitonin or any other ingredients of Calcinase Nasal Spray.
- If you have a condition of high calcium in your body.
Side effects of Calcinase 200 IU
- Nasal swelling
- Redness, itching, irritation, dryness of the nose
- Runny nose or blocked nose
- Bleeding from nose
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Calcinase 200 IU
Other General Warnings
- Your doctor tells you that your blood calcium level is low.
- You have muscle cramps, seizures etc after using this medicine.
- You have nasal irritation, ulcer in your nose after using this medicine.
- You should take an adequate amount of calcium and vitamin D3 while using this medicine.
- You should tell your doctor to do a nasal examination regularly while using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Calcinase 200 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Calcinase 200 IU
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Before the use of this medicine activation of the pump is necessary.
Interactions of Calcinase 200 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Calcinase Nasal Spray if, taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Concomitant use of Calcinase Nasal Spray with lithium causes a decrease in the blood level of lithium due to increased urinary excretion of lithium.
Storage and disposal of Calcinase 200 IU
- Store unopened bottle in a refrigerator at temperature (2°C to 8°C).
- Do not freeze. Store this medicine at room temperature 15°C–30°C in an upright position for up to 35 days, in a cool and dry place if it is opened.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Discard bottle after 30 doses.