By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Budefex 3 MG Description
Budefex Capsule contains Budesonide as its active ingredient. It is used to treat inflammatory bowel disease (a bowel disease that causes inflammation of the digestive tract). Do not take this medici
ne if you are allergic to it or have any infection. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|Uses||Inflammatory bowel disease|
|Side effects||Indigestion, heartburn|
Check more medicines with composition as Budesonide(3.0 Mg)
Uses of Budefex 3 MG
Budefex Capsule is used in treating a type of inflammatory bowel disease (a bowel disease that causes inflammation of the digestive tract).
Contraindications of Budefex 3 MG
- If you are allergic to Budesonide or any other ingredients of Budefex Capsule.
- If you are suffering from any infection.
Side effects of Budefex 3 MG
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Skin rash or itching
- Altered mood
- Irregular or heavy bleeding during periods
Precautions and Warnings of Budefex 3 MG
Can I take Budefex Capsule during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Budefex Capsules during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. Your doctor will prescribe you this capsule if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Budefex Capsule while breastfeeding?
Budefex Capsules can be used during breastfeeding. However, it is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Budefex Capsule?
It is not expected that Budefex Capsules will affect your ability to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Budefex Capsule?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Budefex Capsules. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any liver problems.
- You have high blood pressure or tuberculosis.
- You are having diabetes.
- You suffer from osteoporosis (a condition causing bones to become weak or brittle).
- You have glaucoma or cataracts.
- You have stomach ulcers.
- You have a family history of diabetes or glaucoma.
- You or any family member has had any problems with mental health.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or operation. Inform your doctor that you are on treatment with Budefex Capsule.
- You need to avoid people who have chickenpox or measles while you are taking this medicine.
- Budefex Capsule is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Budefex 3 MG
How Does It Work?
Budesonide is a steroid that works inside the intestines, reducing the action of certain substances that cause inflammation.
Directions for Use of Budefex 3 MG
Budefex Capsules should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, open or chew the capsule. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Budefex 3 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Budefex Capsule may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Budefex Capsule along with medicines like Ketoconazole, itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), ritonavir, nelfinavir (used in HIV infection) should be avoided as it may alter its effect....
- Certain oral contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy (medicines containing oestrogen) should be used cautiously along with the Budefex Capsule.
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine (used to reduce blood cholesterol), Carbamazepine (used to treat fits or convulsions), steroid medicines like prednisolone or dexamethasone should be used with caution....
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice while taking Budefex Capsules as it can alter the way this capsule works.
Storage and disposal of Budefex 3 MG
Budefex Capsules should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Budefex 3 MG
Seek medical help if you feel you have taken too much of Budefex Capsules.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Budefex Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Budefex Capsule?
A: Budefex Capsule is used to treat a type of inflammatory bowel disease (a bowel disease that causes inflammation of the digestive tract).
Q: How many Budefex Capsules can I take in a day?
A: It varies among individuals and your doctor will prescribe you after accessing your condition.
Q: How should I take Budefex Capsule?
A: Take Budefex Capsules as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Budefex Capsule if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take Budefex Capsule for the duration prescribed by your doctor, stopping this Capsule in between the treatment may worsen your condition.
- Entocort 3mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Entocort 3mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Lactmed. Budesonide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Budesonide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed