Borviz 2mg Dry Vil Of 1 Powder For Injection
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Borviz 2 MG Description
It is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma (a cancer of the bone marrow) and mantle-cell lymphoma (a type of cancer affecting the lymph nodes) in adults. It contains bortezomib, as its active in
gredient that belongs to anticancer medicine. It plays an important role in controlling cell function and growth. Borviz Powder For Injection is given in a healthcare setup under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after a careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
|You Save||₹520.79 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Multiple myeloma, Mantle-cell lymphoma|
|Side effects||Fever, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, muscle pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Bortezomib(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Borviz 2 MG
Treatment of myeloma (a cancer of the bone marrow) and mantle-cell lymphoma (a type of cancer affecting the lymph nodes) in adults.
Contraindications of Borviz 2 MG
- If you are allergic to bortezomib or any other ingredient of Borviz Powder For Injection.
- If you have lung or heart-related problem.
Side effects of Borviz 2 MG
- Numbness or tingling sensation on skin
- Pain in hands or feet
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Borviz 2 MG
Can I take Borviz 2mg Dry Vil Of 1 Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
Borviz Powder For Injection is not recommended during pregnancy unless clearly considered essential by the doctor. Also, it is strictly advised to both men and women receiving this medicine must use effective contraception during and for up to 3 months after treatment. Even after these measures, pregnancy occurs, tell your doctor immediately.
Can I take Borviz 2mg Dry Vil Of 1 Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Borviz Powder For Injection is not recommended to breastfeed during the treatment with Borviz.
Can I drive if I have consumed Borviz 2mg Dry Vil Of 1 Powder For Injection?
You may experience dizziness, tiredness, faint or blurred vision as a side effect during the treatment. So you should avoid driving if you experience these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Borviz 2mg Dry Vil Of 1 Powder For Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often. However, it may be best to hold off on drinking alcohol until you have finished treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have less number of white and red blood cells.
- You have any kind of bleeding problems or have a low platelet count.
- You experience symptoms like dizziness, lightheadedness, diarrhoea, nausea or vomiting after receiving this medicine.
- You have a history or currently have hepatitis. You need to be monitored cautiously for signs of active hepatitis B.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You experience numbness or tingling, and pain in your hands.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as epilepsy, high blood pressure, heart problems, seizure, shingles (localized including around the eyes or spread across the body) etc.
- You experience symptoms like muscle cramping, muscle weakness, confusion, shortness of breath etc. It can be a sign of tumor lysis syndrome.
- You experience symptoms like memory loss, trouble thinking, difficulty in walking or vision loss. As it can be a sign of brain infection. You may require follow-up checkups.
- The doctor may ask you for regular blood tests, before and after the treatment.
Mode of Action of Borviz 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Borviz Powder For Injection works by blocking or slowing the breakdown of proteins (proteasome) in cells, which may cause cancer cells to die and may stop cancer from growing and eventually kills them....
Directions for Use of Borviz 2 MG
- Borviz Powder For Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Borviz 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Borviz Powder For Injection works or Borviz itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications such as anti-HIV medicine like ritonavir, antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, anti-epileptic medicine, anti-depressants medicine like St. John’s Wort or oral anti-diabetic medicines etc....
Storage and disposal of Borviz 2 MG
- Do not store Borviz Powder For Injection above 25°C.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
Dosage of Borviz 2 MG
Borviz Powder For Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomforts inform the doctor.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Borviz Powder For Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediately....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Borviz Powder For Injection?
A: The composition of Borviz Powder For Injection consists of bortezomib, as its active ingredient that belongs to anticancer medicine.
Q: How does Borviz Powder For Injection work?
A: Borviz Powder For Injection works by blocking or slowing the breakdown of proteins (proteasome) in cells, which may cause cancer cells to die and may stop cancer from growing and eventually kills them.
Q: Is Borviz Powder For Injection a habit forming medicine?
A: No, it has no habit forming tendency.
Q: Is Borviz Powder For Injection safe for pregnant women?
A: No, it is not recommended to pregnant women unless strictly considered essential by the doctor.
Q: What is the dose of Borviz Powder For Injection?
A: The doctor will decide the specific dose for a specific duration depending upon the severity of the condition and how you respond to the treatment. Do not self-inject.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed