Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
By MANEESH PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection Description
Boosticillin 4.5gm Inj contains a combination of Piperacillin sodium and Tazobactam sodium. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics.
|You Save||₹46.99 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Piperacillin + Tazobactam|
Check more medicines with composition as Piperacillin + Tazobactam
Uses of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
Treatment of serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria such as stomach and abdominal infection, skin and soft tissue infections, diabetic foot infections due to diabetes and pneumonia. It is to be used only when infection cannot be controlled by other antibiotics....
Contraindications of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
- If you are allergic to Piperacillin and Tazobactam or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.
Side effects of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection (candidiasis)
- Inflammation and swelling at the injection site.
Precautions and Warnings of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
Can I take Boosticillin 4.5gm Inj during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it passes the placental barrier
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required after assessing the benefits over risks
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Boosticillin 4.5gm Inj while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into breast milk and known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in babies. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Boosticillin 4.5gm Inj?
No information is available on the effect of this medicine on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Boosticillin 4.5gm Inj?
No information is available on interaction of this medicine with alcohol. However, consuming alcohol may exaggerate the side effects of this medicine. Thus, it is advisable not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillin, Cephalosporins, Carbapenems
- You develop serious skin disorders like painful rashes along with flu
- You have diarrhea and pus in your stool after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and report to your doctor
- You experience bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin
- You experience fits or convulsions
- You have problems with kidney function
- You have weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps or low levels of potassium.
Mode of Action of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
How Does It Work?
Boosticillin 4.5gm Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Piperacillin Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Piperacillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to relax the muscles during surgery like Vecuronium
- Close monitoring of blood function is required if you are on medicine used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin
- Medicines used to treat certain types of cancers like methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid
- If you have kidney problems and you are taking antibiotics like Tobramycin, Gentamicin and Vancomycin.
Storage and disposal of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and discard it properly.
Dosage of Boosticillin 4.5gm Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine. However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and fits immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that you will be missing any dose. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in fail of therapy....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from flu-like common cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is for treating severe infections caused by bacteria and not viral infections. This medicine should only be taken when prescribed by the doctor.
Q: I am on a restricted salt diet, can I take this medicine?
- No, as this medicine contains an ample amount of sodium, it is advisable to be very cautious and discuss your dietary restrictions with your doctor before taking this medicine.
CBD Oil for Pain: A Comprehensive Review on Its Effectiveness
Key Highlights: Introduction Lately, CBD oil has been in the limelight as a potential natural answer to various health concerns. These include many forms of pain relief. Extracted from the cannabis plant, CBD oil is praised for its possible healing effects without the mind-altering impacts often linked to marijuana. In this in-depth blog post, we
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.