Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
By COLGEN PHARMA
25 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets Description
Biopres Xl 5mg Tab is an antihypertensive medicine. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It contains prazosin as an active ingredient. Hypertension is a condition where your blood pressure level
increases than normal. This medicine relaxes the blood vessels making blood flow easier within the body. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken with or immediately after your meals. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine, as it can lead to a hypertensive crisis.
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, constipation|
Check more medicines with composition as Prazosin(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
Biopres Xl 5mg Tab is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to prazosin or any similar medicines or any of the ingredient of Biopres Xl 5mg Tab .
- If you are under 12 years of age.
Side effects of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
- Feeling sick
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
Can I take Biopres Xl 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
The safety of the medicine during pregnancy is not established. It must be used in pregnant women only if the potential benefit outweighs the risk to the foetus in the opinion of a doctor.
Can I take Biopres Xl 5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
The components of the medicine pass into the breast milk in a small amount. Caution is advised before breastfeeding during the treatment.
Can I drive after consuming Biopres Xl 5mg Tab ?
You may experience dizziness, weakness, drowsiness after taking the medicine. Be cautious while driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Biopres Xl 5mg Tab ?
During the treatment, alcohol consumption causes dizziness, when getting up from a sitting or lying position. Avoid alcohol intake along with the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a problem in passing urine or inability, hold urine in the bladder or faint after passing urine.
- You had suffered from a heart attack in past or existing heart failure.
- You experience water retention or weight gain after taking the medicine, inform the doctor.
- You experience postural hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure upon standing from a sitting position accompanied by fainting and lightheadedness).
- You feel numbness in parts of the body (Raynaud's disease), such patients need to be monitored closely.
- You are undergoing cataract surgery, inform the doctor in advance because it causes complications during the surgery.
- You experience prolonged erection of penis (Priapism) sometimes longer than 4 hours, seek medical assistance as it leads to damage to penile tissue and loss of potency.
Mode of Action of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
In case of high blood pressure, the force of the blood inside blood vessels against the walls increases. Biopres Xl 5mg Tab acts by relaxing and widening the blood vessels to flow more easily. This ultimately leads to a drop in high blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
- Biopres Xl 5mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Never stop the medicine as it may lead to a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Interactions of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Biopres Xl 5mg Tab may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines for treatment of erectile dysfunction, medicines for high blood pressure, diabetes, gout, sedatives or any painkillers or anti-inflammatory medicines.
Storage and disposal of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
- Store Biopres Xl 5mg Tab s at room temperature in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Biopres Xl 5mg Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Biopres Xl 5mg Tab may include drowsiness, sometimes drop in blood pressure. If you think you have taken excess dose of this medicine and experience any such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Biopres Xl 5mg Tab a sleeping pill?
A: No, Biopres Xl 5mg Tab is an antihypertensive medicine used to lower raised blood pressure. It is not a sleeping pill.
Q: Can the use of Biopres Xl 5mg Tab cause gas problems?
A: Biopres Xl 5mg Tab may cause stomach discomfort as its common side effect. It is advised to take this medicine with meals to avoid gas problems. Talk to your doctor if these symptoms are causing trouble.
Q: When should I take Biopres Xl 5mg Tab?
A: Biopres Xl 5mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor. But it's important to take it at the same time every day for optimum results.
Q: Is Biopres Xl 5mg Tab a blood thinner?
A: No, Biopres Xl 5mg Tab is not a blood thinner. It acts by relaxing and widening the blood vessels to flow more easily. This ultimately leads to a drop in high blood pressure.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Hypovase 1mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Hypovase 1mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Prazosin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Prazosin - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Prazosin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Prazosin [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed