Bigomet 850mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
The composition of Bigomet 850mg Tab is the medicine metformin. It belongs to the class of antidiabetic medicines called biguanides. It is used for the treatment of diabetes mellitus and the reduction of blood sugar levels.
Uses of Bigomet 850mg Tab
- Type 2 diabetes
Contraindications of Bigomet 850mg Tab
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Heart problems
- Kidney dysfunction
- Liver damage
- Allergy to this tablet
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Severe infection
Side effects of Bigomet 850mg Tab
- Common side effects of Bigomet 850mg Tab include reduced appetite, vomiting, stomach cramps, mild loose stools, altered taste sensations, decreased vitamin B12 levels, skin rashes, itching and hives
- Serious side effects of the medicine include abnormal liver function tests, hepatitis, lactic acidosis and hypoglycemia
Mode of Action of Bigomet 850mg Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine increases the production of glucose by the pancreas and increases the uptake of blood sugar by the muscles.
Directions for Use of Bigomet 850mg Tab
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Do not combine with other medication
- Stay hydrated
- Do not share your medicines with others
Interactions of Bigomet 850mg Tab
- Birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy
- Diet pills or medicines to treat asthma, colds, or allergies
- Heart or blood pressure medications
- Steroids such as prednisone, methylprednisolone and dexamethasone
- Thyroid medicine
- Furosemide and cimetidine
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and COX-2 inhibitors such as ibuprofen and celecoxib
This medicine reduces the levels of vitamin B12 in the body. A diet to complement your treatment might be suggested by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Bigomet 850mg Tab
This medicine should be stored out of the reach of children. Do not keep this medicine in direct heat or moisture.
Dosage of Bigomet 850mg Tab
The dosage of Bigomet 850mg Tab should be as prescribed by your doctor. The symptoms of an overdose are muscle pain, breathing discomfort, vomiting and abdominal discomfort. You should contact the doctor immediately if you observe any symptoms of overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose when you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is time for your next dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for a missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will the desired effect be seen with this tablet?
A: There are no observable symptoms that show that this medicine is working. Proper monitoring of sugar levels can tell whether this tablet is working or not for you.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:54 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved