Betnovate N Cream 20gm
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
20g Cream in Tube
30 days return policyRead More
Betnovate-N Cream contains a combination of two medicines - Betamethasone and Neomycin. They belong to the class of steroid and antibiotic medicine, respectively. It is used to treat various types of skin conditions. It is meant for external use only and should be used as recommended by the doctor or pharmacist. Burning sensation, itching, redness, and rash are some of the side effects with Betnovate-N cream. They usually go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor right away.
Uses of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
Betnovate-N Cream is used to treat various conditions of skin inflammation such as dermatitis and eczema. It also helps with skin infections and allergies.
Contraindications of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
- Betnovate-N cream should not be used for skin conditions other than for what it is prescribed, as it could make them worse. It should not be used around the anus or private parts.
- This cream can worsen acne, herpes, chickenpox, ringworm, swelling near the mouth, do not use if you have any of these.
- Do not use if you have had an allergy to any creams or ointments in the past.
- Do not use it if you think you are pregnant.
- It should not be used inside the ear, especially if you have a hearing problem or perforation in the eardrum.
- It should not be used for children under two years of age.
Side effects of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
- Burning sensation
- Skin itching
- Excessive hair growth
- Local thinning of the skin
- Change in skin colour
Precautions and Warnings of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
Can I apply Betnovate-N Cream during pregnancy?
Betnovate-N Cream is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and chances of any effect in pregnancy are rare. Still, this medicine should be used only under medical supervision as components of this medicine is known to be unsafe during pregnancy. In case you are prescribed with this medicine, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Betnovate-N Cream while breastfeeding?
Betnovate-N Cream should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Betnovate-N Cream?
Betnovate-N Cream is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Betnovate-N Cream?
No information is available on interactions of Betnovate-N cream when taken with alcohol. However, consuming alcohol might delay the healing and clearance of infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing thinning of skin or damage to the skin after applying Betnovate-N cream.
- Your skin problem does not improve in seven days, inform your doctor.
- You should not use this on large areas of the body for a long time.
- It would be best if you do not use it on the face where the skin becomes thin unless advised by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
Betamethasone is a topical steroid and reduces inflammation, swelling and redness of the skin. Neomycin, an antibiotic that reduces skin infections caused by bacteria. It is not effective against fungal or viral skin infections.
Directions for Use of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
- Use Betnovate-N cream as directed by your doctor
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated
- Gently rub the cream on the body surface
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
Interactions of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Betnovate-N Cream with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Betamethasone & Neomycin, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.read less
Storage and disposal of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
- Store Betnovate-N cream at room temperature away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Once opened, it should not be reused after a gap of few months.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Betnovate N Cream 20gm
As Betnovate-N cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess of medicine with tissue or cotton. Excessive use for prolonged duration is not advised as it can lead to hormonal issues.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of Betnovate-N cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Betnovate-N Cream has been expired, can I use this expired medicine?
A: Do not use Betnovate-N Cream after the expiry date on the label.
Q: Can Betnovate-N Cream be used by children?
A: Betnovate-N Cream is not meant for use on a child under 2 years of age or under the nappy. Avoid using it under an airtight dressing of a child older than 2 years. The skin of children is thin and more risk of absorption of steroids leading to disturbance in growth and development of the child.
Q: How to use Betnovate-N Cream?
A: Apply it on a clean area by gently rubbing and let it firmly absorb into the skin. Always wash your hands before and after applying this medicine.
Q: Can I use Betnovate-N Cream on my face?
A: Your face is an area where the skin is very delicate and thin. Therefore, you should always consult your doctor before using it directly on your face. Moreover, it contains a steroid which can cause thinning of the skin.
Q: Can Betnovate-N Cream be used for acne and pimples?
A: No, this should not be used for acne and pimples or any skin conditions for which the root cause is not clear. It can worsen acne. It should only be used if your doctor prescribes the medicine.
Q: Can Betnovate-N Cream be used for burns?
A: No, it should not be used on burns and damaged skin.
Q: Can Betnovate-N Cream be used for fungal infection?
A: No, it contains antibiotic and is not effective against fungal infection. Refrain from using it in any condition apart from what it is prescribed for.
Q: What is the difference between Betnovate-N and Betnovate C?
- Betnovate-N Cream contains Betamethasone, a steroid and Neomycin, an antibiotic.It is generally used in the treatment of various conditions of skin inflammation such as dermatitis, eczema and certain skin infections.read less
- Betnovate C Cream Betamethasone and Clioquinol, an antifungal. It is also used in the treatment of various conditions of skin inflammation and fungalskin infections.
- There could be several reasons for skin inflammation or infection. Refrain from self diagnosing skin infections, as using the wrong medicine can worsen the underlying condition.
- Based on the cause and type of infection your skin disorder shall be treated by your dermatologist. You should only take the cream prescribed by your doctor as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and your medical history.read less
Other Variants for
Betnovate N Cream 20gm
Last Updated on: 20 Sep 2020 | 05:33 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved