Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betnovate Cream contains Betamethasone as its active ingredient, which belongs to a class of medicines known as steroids. It is used in relieving redness, itchiness of certain types of skin problems. It is meant only for external applications and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects. However, they normally fade away with time. Report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. You should also inform the doctor if you have any underlying medical condition, especially skin-related problems and using any other topical formulation.
Uses of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
- Betnovate Cream are used to treat several skin conditions like dermatitis (skin irritation), psoriasis (scales and itchy, dry patches), eczema (itchy inflammation of the skin) or other skin allergies.
Contraindications of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to Betamethasone or any other ingredients of Betnovate Cream.
- If you have any infection or infected skin.
- If you have acne or pimples, skin redness near or on the nose, rash around your mouth, itching or itchy skin.
- Do not use this medicine on a child less than 1-year-old.
Side effects of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
- Burning sensation, pain, irritation or itching at the site of application.
Precautions and Warnings of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
Can I take Betnovate Cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the use of this medicine in pregnant women. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Betnovate Cream while breastfeeding?
It is not known if this medication passes into breast milk, and it is probably safe during breastfeeding. Apply the least amount of this medication on the affected area and carefully avoid any contact of the applied areas with the baby. Consult your doctor for more details.
Can I drive if I have consumed Betnovate Cream?
This medication does not alter or affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Betnovate Cream?
There are no known records of any interaction of this topical medication with alcoholic beverages.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an undiagnosed problem with the skin.
- You have a skin condition called psoriasis. It may require more often follow up with doctor.
- You are using this medicine for a chronic leg ulcer.
- You are applying Betnovate Cream under an airtight dressing.
- You are applying it near the eyes or eyelids or on the face.
- You have had an allergic reaction in the past with some other steroid medicine.
- You are applying the medicine on a larger surface area, broken skin or under skin folds.
- Betnovate Cream is not recommended for children.
- It should be used carefully and not more than 5 days, if applying it on face or children' skin. Due to thin skin it may absorb large amount of medicine and cause adverse effects.
- Do not smoke or go close to the flame while you have applied this medicine.
Mode of Action of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
Betnovate Cream composition is betamethasone which works by decreasing the action of chemicals present in the body that causes swelling, redness and pain.
Directions for Use of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
- This medication is only for application on skin.
- This medication is for external use only.
- Wash and dry your hands before the application of this medication.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry before its application.
- Apply a thin layer of this medication on the affected area and gently rub it in.
- Do not close the affected area with a bandage or wrap.
Interactions of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Betnovate Cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.read less
- Medicines like ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infection) should be used with caution along with Betnovate Cream.
Interactions with food items
- There are no specific interactions of this medication with food.
Storage and disposal of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
- It should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep away from the reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Betnovate 0.1% Cream 20gm
- As Betnovate Cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely.
- However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe them out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.read less
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Betnovate Cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking betamethasone?
A: Inform your doctor about your history of allergies and other skin infections and conditions
Q: How frequently can I apply Betnovate Cream
- Use this drug exactly as prescribed by your doctor, do not apply this medication frequently unless told otherwise by your doctor.
Q: Can I apply Betnovate Cream for all common skin conditions?
- Consult your doctor before the application of this medication for your skin condition. This medication is not suitable for all skin conditions.
Q: Can Betnovate Cream be used to treat sore nipples?
- This medication has no advantage for treating sore nipples. Consult your doctor for more details.
Q: Can Betnovate Cream be used for acne or pimples?
- No, Betnovate Cream should not be used for acne and pimples or any skin conditions for which the root cause is not clear. It can worsen acne. It should only be used if you are prescribed for it by a doctor.read less
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Betnovate Cream?
- If you get any cream in your eyes, rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse.
Q: How to use Betnovate Cream?
- Use Betnovate Cream as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 24 Mar 2021 | 08:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved