Betagel G Cream 20gm
Betagel G Cream 20gm Description
Betagel G Cream 20gm is a topical preparation containing a combination of two medicines - Betamethasone and Gentamicin. It is used to treat various skin conditions associated with bacterial infection
s such as dermatitis and eczema. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects. However, they normally fade away with time. Consult your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
|You Save||₹2.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Betamethasone(0.05 %) + Gentamicin(0.1 %)|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Betagel G Cream 20gm
Contraindications of Betagel G Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to Betamethasone, Gentamicin or any other ingredients of Betagel G Cream 20gm.
- If you have itching or infections of the nose, ears, around your mouth, back or private parts.
- If you have pimples, itching without skin redness.
- If you have viral, bacterial or fungal skin infections.
- If your child is less than a year old.
Side effects of Betagel G Cream 20gm
Precautions and Warnings of Betagel G Cream 20gm
Other General Warnings
- You have a skin infection.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- You had a previous allergic reaction with any other steroid.
- You develop any irritation, sensitivity or superinfection after using this cream.
- You are applying the cream under an airtight dressing, eyes, mouth, open wounds, face or on a large surface area.
- Betagel G Cream 20gm should not be used on children less than a year old.
- It should not be used in large quantities or on large areas for a long time.
- Betagel G Cream 20gm should not be used for more than 5 days in children or when applied on the face.
- It would be best if you do not use it on the face where the skin becomes thin unless advised by the doctor.
- It should not be applied to the eyes, mouth, open wounds. In case of such exposure, wash the affected part with lots of water.
Mode of Action of Betagel G Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Betagel G Cream 20gm works by the combined action of both its components - Betamethasone and Gentamicin.
- Betamethasone is a topical steroid and reduces the inflammation, swelling and redness of skin by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body called prostaglandins.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic that attaches to the genetic material of bacteria, making it incapable of producing substances required for its survival, ultimately killing the bacteria and in turn helps in reducing the symptoms....
Directions for Use of Betagel G Cream 20gm
- Betagel G Cream 20gm is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds and gently rub.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with Betagel G Cream 20gm, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Betagel G Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Betagel G Cream 20gm is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. ...
- You need to be cautious while using medicines like erythromycin (used to treat bacterial infections), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections) along with Betagel G Cream 20gm....
Storage and disposal of Betagel G Cream 20gm
- Betagel G Cream 20gm should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.