Bendex 400mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bendex-400 Tablet contains Albendazole as its active ingredient. It is an anti-worm medicine. Bendex-400 Tablet is used to treat infections of the stomach or intestinal caused by various worms. This m
edicine is also known as deworming medicine. Albendazole in Bendex-400 Tablet deprives the worm of glucose and energy source, thus killing the worm and removing them from the body. This medicine should not be taken by children below two years of age and pregnant women. The most common side effects of this medicine include stomach discomfort or pain, gas and headache. If it worsens, consult your doctor immediately or visit a nearby hospital or clinic....
Uses of Bendex 400mg Tablet
Bendex-400 Tablet is used to treat infections of the stomach and intestine caused by various types of worms.
Contraindications of Bendex 400mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Albendazole or any other components of Bendex-400 Tablet.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Bendex 400mg Tablet
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Bendex 400mg Tablet
Can I take Bendex-400 Tablet during pregnancy?
Bendex-400 Tablet must not be used during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Bendex-400 Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Bendex-400 Tablet on breastfeeding. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bendex-400 Tablet?
You may feel dizzy after a dose of Bendex-400 Tablet. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Bendex-400 Tablet?
Drinking alcohol, along with Bendex-400 Tablet, may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before taking Bendex-400 Tablet.
- You have liver disease.
- You are suffering from fits or seizures.
- You experience bone marrow suppression or a decrease in blood cell count.
- You have a headache or fits immediately after taking Bendex-400 Tablet.
- You may experience damage to the eye.
- Bendex-400 Tablet should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Bendex 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Albendazole in Bendex-400 Tablet works by inhibiting or blocking the utilisation of glucose by the worm, thereby causing decreased ATP formation and depletion of the energy source in the worm.
Directions for Use of Bendex 400mg Tablet
- Bendex-400 Tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by yourdoctor....Read more
Interactions of Bendex 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine.
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizure (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel).
- Medicines used to suppress the immune response (Dexamethasone).
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir).
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
- Bendex-400 Tablet should be taken with food.
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole.
Storage and disposal of Bendex 400mg Tablet
- Bendex-400 Tablet should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Please keep it away from children.
Dosage of Bendex 400mg Tablet
- Overdose symptoms of Bendex-400 Tablet include diarrhoea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat.
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Bendex-400 Tablet?
- Albendazole should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy.
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test.
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication.
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid; can I start him on Bendex-400 Tablet?
A: Albendazole should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
Q: Is Bendex-400 Tablet chewable?
A: Yes, Bendex-400 is a chewable tablet. This medicine should be chewed until it has completely dissolved. It is not meant to be swallowed whole.
Q: Is Bendex-400 used for worms?
A: Yes, Bendex-400 Tablet is used to treat worms. This medicine is used to deworm the stomach and intestine. Albendazole will kill all the worms present in the stomach and intestine and removes them from the body, provided you take it as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved