Azifast 100 Mg Syrup 10 Ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azifast 100 MG Description
Azifast 100 Mg Syrup 10 Ml contains azithromycin. It is a higher antibiotic.
|You Save||₹3.90 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Azithromycin(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Azifast 100 MG
- For bacterial infection of ears, lungs, throat, wind pipe, nasal passage and tonsils
- Genital infections and Sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia & Neisseria infections
- Pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with infected person (CAP)
- Skin and soft tissue infections
Contraindications of Azifast 100 MG
If you have any allergic reaction to it or any other antibiotic from same class like erythromycin.
Side effects of Azifast 100 MG
- Dizziness, headache, pricking sensation, joint pain, tiredness
- Impaired sense of taste and vision, deafness
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion
- Skin rashes, an urge to scratch, eating disorder or fear of getting weight
Precautions and Warnings of Azifast 100 MG
Can I take Azifast 100 Mg Syrup 10 Ml during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to use this medicine if you are pregnant unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Azifast 100 Mg Syrup 10 Ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in breast milk in small quantities. Breast feeding is not advised when you are on this medicine. If it is really required to be taken by a breastfeeding women watch out for symptoms of rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azifast 100 Mg Syrup 10 Ml?
If you observe or experience any side effect like dizziness, fits you should not drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Azifast 100 Mg Syrup 10 Ml?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as it can exaggarate the side effects of antibiotics like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection
- You are suffering from diabetes
Mode of Action of Azifast 100 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the growth and killing of bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Azifast 100 MG
- Take it as instructed by your doctor, it can be taken with or without food.
- Shake well before use.
- Complete the course of antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azifast 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acid called antacids should be take with minum gap of one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- Other medicines such as medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, medicine used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Azifast 100 MG
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat
- Keep out reach of children.
- Do not take this medicine after expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Azifast 100 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. Immediately inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You Sould never miss your dose of antibiotic medicne and complete the entire course for effective treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azifast 100 Mg Syrup 10 Ml if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromucin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Does Masturbation Cause Weight Loss? Debunking Sexual Health Misconceptions
Key Highlights: Introduction Masturbation has many myths around it. One such myth claims it can lead to weight loss. There may be some truth to the energy spent during the act. Whether it leads to weight loss is what will be discussed in this article. We will also debunk any misunderstandings, talk about other ways
Foods That Fight Nausea During Pregnancy: Guide For Expecting Mothers
Key Highlights: Introduction The journey of pregnancy is beautiful but one filled with challenges. A very common problem that most women face is nausea or morning sickness. This blog talks about foods that may help fight nausea during pregnancy. This information may help make your journey more pleasant. As you read on, you’ll come across
What Causes Morning Wood: A Scientific Explanation
Key Highlights: Introduction Morning wood is also known as nocturnal penile tumescence. It’s a phenomenon that many men routinely experience. It doesn’t matter how old men are and it’s not related to sexual arousal. By understanding what causes it, you may be better prepared to take the necessary steps to cope with it. In this
Jalapeno Pepper: Exploring Its Research-Backed Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Do you love adding extra jalapenos on your pizza? Of course you do! This variety of chili pepper can really enhance the taste of pizzas, burgers, subs and everything else! That’s largely because of its spicy flavor! Jalapeno peppers are loved worldwide because of their fiery spice and many health perks. These
Blackstrap Molasses: Uncovering Its Health Benefits and Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Blackstrap molasses is the thick, inky syrup, seen by many as a better choice than refined sugar. While being a sweet byproduct of sugar making, it also carries multiple good nutrients. These may do good things to boost our wellness. A rising number of people are turning to blackstrap molasses. They see
Bladderwrack: Discovering Its Research-Based Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction to Bladderwrack For ages, people have turned to bladderwrack (also known as Fucus vesiculosus, a type of brown seaweed that grows in the Baltic Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and North Pacific Ocean. The whole plant is used as medicine), which is rich in nutrients. Planning to eat it? There could be health benefits
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.