Azibact 500mg Tab 5's
By IPCA LABORATORIES
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azibact 500 tablet is a medicine that belongs to the group of macrolide antibiotics used to treat different kinds of bacterial infections. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. It is recommended that you should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. You may experience some common side effects like vomiting, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhoea on taking this medicine. If you are taking any antacids, then the Azibact 500 tablet should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after the dose of antacids. Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions before the use of this medicine.
Uses of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
- Used in the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs and other parts of the body.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Diseases arising from infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Urinary infection.
Contraindications of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
Do not take this medicine if you have any allergic reactions to it or any other antibiotic from the same class as erythromycin.
Side effects of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen throat and lips
- Diarrhoea, nausea
- Stomach pain
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, fever
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in the urine
- Swelling of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Yellowing of the skin (Jaundice)
- Lack of appetite
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
Can I take the Azibact 500 tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of the Azibact 500 tablet on the foetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will decide whether to use this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Azibact 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin partially passes into the breastmilk. If you are taking the Azibact 500 tablet then stop breastfeeding your baby. It is advised to discard the milk during treatment and until two days after discontinuation of treatment. You can restart breastfeeding thereafter.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Azibact 500 tablet?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines, however, if you observe or experience any side effect like dizziness, fits you should not drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with the Azibact 500 tablet?
No information is available on the interactions of Azibact 500 tablet when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems.
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, difficulty in breathing, any other infections.
Mode of Action of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
How Does It Work?
Azibact 500 tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
- It should be taken with half a glass of water.
- Complete the course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine if it has passed its expiry date.
Interactions of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Azibact 500 tablet works or the Azibact 500 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Especially blood thinners like warfarin, medicines used to treat heart problems like digoxin, HIV infection like nelfinavir or zidovudine, gout like furosemide, migraine like ergotamine, tuberculosis like rifabutin, cholesterol level like atorvastatin, stomach problems or for fever like terfenadine, cyclosporin.read less
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
Azibact 500 tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat and keep out of reach of children and pets. Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Azibact 500mg Tab 5'S
If you suspect an overdose of the Azibact 500 tablet, immediately inform your physician or reach the nearest hospital for treatment. Symptoms of an overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Azibact 500 tablet if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take Azibact 500 tablet?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) like Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: Who should not take the Azibact 500 tablet?
A: This medicine should not be taken if you are allergic to it or any other antibiotics from the same class as erythromycin.
Q: When should I take the Azibact 500 tablet?
A: Take this tablet as per the recommendation of your doctor. It should be taken 1 hour before having food or 2 hours after food.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Apr 2021 | 01:56 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved