Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Avil 25 Tablet is an anti-allergic medicine and is used in treating allergic conditions. It contains Pheniramine as its active ingredient.Allergic reactions in the body are trigged when exposed to an allergen like dust, pollen, pet fur or any specific medicine. To counteract such an allergen, the body releases histamine. This chemical causes swelling, itching, redness, runny nose, etc. Avil 25 interferes with the functioning of histamine and hence provides relief from allergic symptoms.
Uses of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Avil 25 Tablet is used for the treatment of allergic conditions.
Contraindications of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pheniramine, or the other components of Avil 25 mg tablet.
- If you have enlargement of the prostate gland.
- If you are taking any medicines to treat depression.
- Avil 25 tablet should not be given to newborns and premature infants.
Side effects of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ear
Precautions and Warnings of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Avil 25 Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Avil 25 mg tablet in pregnancy, hence use of this medicine is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take Avil 25 Tablet while breastfeeding?
There are no information available on the interaction of Avil 25 mg tablet with breast milk. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Avil 25 Tablet?
Drowsiness is the main side effect of tablet Avil 25 mg tablet. Avoid driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Avil 25 Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol after taking Avil 25 Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver disease as dose adjustment shall be needed.
- You have any prostate disorder like prostate hypertrophy.
- You are asthmatic or have any heart diseases, caution is advised.
- You have glaucoma, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Allergic reactions in the body are trigged when exposed to an allergen like dust, pollen, pet fur or any specific medicine. To counteract such an allergen, the body releases histamine. This chemical causes swelling, itching, redness, runny nose, etc. Avil 25 interferes with the functioning of histamine and hence provides relief from allergic symptoms.
Directions for Use of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Avil 25 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Avil 25 tablets may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Avil 25 tablets may increase the risk of getting side effects when taken with depression and sleeping pills. Avoid the use of sleeping pills when taking this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Avil 25 tablets should be taken with or after having your meals.
Storage and disposal of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Avil 25 tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Avil 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Accidental consumption in small children results in fits.
- If you experience any of the symptoms of side effects or think you have taken an excessive dose of Avil 25 mg tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you forget or miss taking Avil 25 tablet, take it as soon as possible.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Avil 25 tablet for allergies other than a dry cough?
A: Yes, Avil 25 tablet can be used for rashes, swelling, high fever, and food allergy under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
Q: Can I take Avil 25 tablet daily?
A: Whether Avil 25 tablet needs to be taken daily or only as long as the allergy continues shall be decided by your treating doctor based on your condition and severity.
Q: How long can I take Avil 25 tablet?
A: The duration depends on the underlying disease and the course of illness.
Q: Is Avil 25 tablet a sleeping pill?
A: Avil 25 mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is not intended to be used as a sleeping pill.
Q: Is Avil suitable for kids?
A: Avil is not recommended in children below the age of 5 years.
Q: Is Avil 25 tablet a steroid?
A: No, Avil 25 tablet is an anti-allergic medicine, not a steroid.
Q: Is Avil good for itching?
A: Avil 25 tablet can be taken for allergic symptoms like itching, rash, burning, and swelling.
Q: Can Avil and Cetirizine be taken together?
A: You can take either Avil or Cetirizine. Taking both the medicines may increase side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Q: Avil vs Cetirizine, which is better for allergy?
A: Avil 25 Tablet contains Pheniramine and is generally used in allergic conditions. On the other hand, Cetirizine is also used in allergic conditions. Allergies can be caused due to several reasons such as pollens, dust, pet fur, certain medicines, food items, and air pollution. Based on the cause, your problem shall be treated by your doctor. You should take medicine as prescribed by your doctor based on your diagnosis and your medical history.
Q: What is allergic asthma?
- Allergic asthma is the condition where our airways are extra sensitive to certain allergens.
- When the allergens get into our body, the immune system overreacts.
- Airway muscles tighten, get swollen and over time get flooded with thick mucus and cause cough, wheeze, shortness of breath, hurried breathing, and tightness in the chest.
Q: What causes allergic asthma?
- Windblown pollen from trees, grasses, and weeds
- Mould spores and fragments
- Pet dander (from feathers, hair, or skin) and saliva
- Dust mite faeces
- Cockroach faeces
- Smoke from cigarette, kitchen, candles, incense sticks, or crackers
- Air pollution
- Cold air
- Exercise in cold air
- Strong chemical odours or fumes
- Perfumes, air fresheners, or other scented products
- Dusty rooms
Q: How do I prevent allergic asthma?
- Keeping the windows closed when the pollen count is high and avoid going out of the house.
- Use an air conditioner with a clean air filter - Don't use an old air conditioner if it smells musty or mouldy. Don’t use an evaporative cooler. Avoid dust mites; these are microscopic critters that live in fabrics and carpets.Read less
- Use allergen-proof covers for pillows, mattresses, and box spring. Wash your sheets and other bedding once a week in hot water. Get rid of areas where dust can gather, like heavy curtains, upholstered furniture, and piles of clothing.Read less
- Buy washable toys for your child.
- Control indoor humidity by using a dehumidifier or air conditioner. This will reduce the growth of moulds, cockroaches, and house dust mites. Immediately repair any plumbing or roof leaks.
- Check for pet allergies: Wash your pet every week.
- Ban all pets from the bedroom. See that your pets are kept outdoor or better find another home for them.
- High levels of cat allergens can stick around for many months in a home even after the cats are no longer living there.
- Keep your kitchen and bathroom clean and dry to prevent mould and cockroaches. If you’re allergic to cockroaches, and you see signs of them in your home, contact a pest control company. Be careful doing outside work, Use a mask while gardening to reduce the amount of pollen and mould particles that get into your lungs.Read less
Q: What are the complications of allergic asthma?
- Underperformance or absence from work
- Inability to exercise, leading to other health problems such as high blood pressure or weight gain
- Permanent problems with your lungs
- Repeated visits to the hospital
- Psychological problems including stress, anxiety, and depression
- Learning problems in children
- Pneumonia (infection of the lungs)
- The collapse of the whole lung or part of it
- Respiratory failure, where the oxygen levels in the blood become critically low, or the levels of carbon dioxide become critically high
- Status asthmaticus (asthma that does not respond to the medicines)
Q: What foods can cause allergic asthma?
- Foods rarely trigger an asthma attack. The symptoms of a severe allergic reaction can mimic asthma symptoms.
- Any abnormal reaction to food is considered an adverse reaction.
- Some foods that can cause allergic reactions are, eggs, cow milk, peanuts, soy, wheat, fish, shrimp, and other shellfish, tree nuts, dried fruits or vegetables, potatoes (packaged and some prepared), wine and beer, bottled lime or lemon juice, shrimp (fresh, frozen, or prepared), and pickled foods.Read less
- Food additives such as sodium bisulfite, potassium bisulfite, sodium metabisulfite, potassium metabisulfite, and sodium sulfite, are commonly used in food processing or preparation.
Q: What is an allergy?
- Whenever a foreign body like bacteria, viruses, or pollens enters our body, our immune system makes antibodies that release histamine that causes swelling, itching.
- This creates symptoms like runny nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing as your body tries to remove the allergen.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 29 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved