Atorva 20mg Tablets 15'S
Atorva 20 MG Description
Atorva 20mg tablet is used to lower the lipid or bad cholesterol in the blood and reduces the risk of heart disease. This medicine stops the enzymes responsible for the formation of cholesterol. You should take Atorva as advised by your doctor in the prescribed doses, at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol during the treatment. Also, avoid consuming high fat, fried and junk meals and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to get the most benefits along with Atorva 20mg tablet. Complete the entire course as prescribed by your doctor even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding and your complete medical history including all the medicines you are taking to avoid possible adverse effects.
- Atortrue 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 123.31₹ 94.9520.5% CHEAPER₹ 9.5/Tablet
- Lipvas 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.56₹ 119.49₹ 11.95/Tablet
- Atorlip 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.84₹ 179.21₹ 11.95/Tablet
- Storvas 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 188.16₹ 159.9410.79% CHEAPER₹ 10.66/Tablet
- Modlip 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.84₹ 179.21₹ 11.95/Tablet
- Azerva 20mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 123.31₹ 104.8112.3% CHEAPER₹ 10.48/Tablet
- Aztor 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.84₹ 179.21₹ 11.95/Tablet
Uses of Atorva 20 MG
Contraindications of Atorva 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Atorva 20 tablet or any other ingredients of Atorva 20 tablet.
- If you have or ever had any liver disease.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir, pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or a breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Atorva 20 MG
- Joint pain, back pain
- Muscle ache
- Swelling of the nasal passages
- Bleeding from the nose
Precautions and Warnings of Atorva 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience muscle aches or pains while taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines.
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly.
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You are taking medicines for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have breathing problems.
Directions for Use of Atorva 20 MG
- You should take Atorva 20 tablet regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor.
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than that recommended.
Storage and disposal of Atorva 20 MG
- Store Atorva 20 tablet at room temperature.
- Keep it away from high temperature. Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Atorva 20 MG
- Atorva 20mg tablet lowers bad cholesterol in the blood and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- For optimal results, you should take it at a fixed time.
- It is recommended that, in addition to taking Atorva 20mg tablet on time, you make certain lifestyle changes. Among these changes are eating a low-fat, low-salt diet, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 minutes daily, quitting smoking, and limiting alcohol consumption....
- Avoid meals that are fried, high in fat, or junk food.
- Atorva 20mg tablet is not recommended if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking this medication, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctor....
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Headache, muscle ache, diarrhoea, swelling of the nasal passages, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away....
- It is not recommended to consume a lot of grapefruit juice.
- If you miss a dose of Atorva 20mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Dosage of Atorva 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Atorva 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Atorva 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works or Atorva 20 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines are taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking anti-HIV medicines, antibiotics or antifungal medicines, anti-convulsant, blood thinners, antacids, antihypertensive medicines, painkillers etc.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any precautions needed while taking Atorva 20mg tablet?
Q: How and when should I take Atorva 20 tablet?
Q: How long will this medicine take to work?
Q: Is tab Atorva 20 a blood thinner?
Q: Can I stop taking Atorva 20 mg tablet on my own?
Q: What is the composition of Atorva 20?
Q: What are the side effects of Atorva 20?
- Atorvastatin 10 mg film-coated tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Atorvastatin Calcium [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021
- Atorvastatin 20mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 April 2022]