Atorva 20 Wp Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine belongs to the statin (hypolipidemic) group of medicines that are used to decrease the bad cholesterol, also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL), in the body. The generic name of the medicine is atorvastatin.
Uses of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
The uses of Atorva 20 Wp Tab are in the treatment and control of hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) levels and hypertriglyceridemia (a condition of increased levels of triglycerides in the body) along with the reduction of low-density lipoproteins (LDLs). Other uses involve the prevention of stroke in individuals with heart conditions.
Contraindications of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
- Liver diseases such as hepatitis or jaundice
- Abnormal liver tests
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women or women who are planning to start a family
- Allergic to this medication or medicines belonging to the statin group of medicines
Side effects of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
- The common side effects of Atorva 20 Wp Tab include headache, bleeding from nose, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, pain in joints, muscles, throat and back, abnormal liver functions or abnormal (elevated) values of creatine kinase, fatigue and dizzinessread less
- The rare side effects of the medicine are decreased appetite, nightmares, trouble in sleeping, numbness or tingling sensation in the fingers, rashes and itching, rhabdomyolysis (emergency medical care is recommended), severe illness with peeling and swelling of the skin, mouth, eyes and genitals, and blisters on the palms of hands or soles of feetread less
Precautions and Warnings of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
Can I take Atorva 20 Wp Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy or if you are planning to start a family as it is considered unsafe.
Can I take Atorva 20 Wp Tab while breastfeeding?
The use of the medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding as it can lead to serious complications in the infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atorva 20 Wp Tab?
This medicine does not affect an individual's ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Atorva 20 Wp Tab?
Regular intake of alcohol during the prescription of this medicine will increase the chances of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on the prescription of a medicine called fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection). Fusidic acid and this medicine (a gap of seven days should be maintained) should not be taken together as administration of both leads to serious muscle problemsread less
- You have muscle aches or pains or a family history of muscle problems
- You have kidney problems
- You regularly drink a large amount of alcohol
- In the past, you had muscular problems during the treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
Mode of Action of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is produced by an enzyme known as HMG-CoA reductase. The composition of Atorva 20 Wp Tab halts the activity of this enzyme, thus lowering the cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. It also increases the good cholesterol, also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL), levels.
Directions for Use of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
The dosage of Atorva 20 Wp Tab is supposed to be taken as instructed by the doctor; it should be taken for the prescribed duration for achieving the best results.
Interactions of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
Interactions with other medicines
HIV medications, if taken with this medicine, can result in severe side effects Erythromycin taken with this medicine can lead to an increase in side effects It should be ensured that the medicines containing fusidic acid should be taken in a proper gap (a minimum wait time of seven days is advised) with this medicine
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice during the prescription of this medicine must be limited to avoid any side effects. Avoiding food with high-fat content will increase the efficacy of this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Individuals with a history of muscular complications like rhabdomyolysis and individuals with liver or kidney disorders are advised to apprise the doctor about their respective conditions first before starting the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
The medicine needs to be kept at room temperature far away from moisture, direct sunlight, heat and reach of children. This medicine cannot be used after the expiry date and it should be discarded via proper methods suggested by the pharmacist.
Dosage of Atorva 20 Wp Tab
The overdose of the medicine can cause dizziness, muscular breakdown, lack of appetite and increased allergic reactions. An overdose should be reported to your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, it should be taken as soon as you realise it. If it is time for your impending dose, then the missed dose should be skipped. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should be taken while on the medicine?
A: The treatment of this medicine is an all round programme for lowering the levels of cholesterol. You should abstain yourself from the consumption of foods with high fat content and exercise on a regular basis to achieve the utmost benefits of the medicine.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: This medicine is supposed to be taken at the same (particular) time everyday. It would be a lot beneficial for you if you establish a connection of taking your medicine with any of your daily activity such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may assist in its administration. Keeping a daily calendar or setting an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine would also be helpful for the regular intake of this medicine.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking the medicine?
A: Your doctor needs to apprised in case you have any liver or kidney ailments or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding prior to the treatment with the medicine.
Q: When and how to consume the medicine?
A: This medicine should be taken at a fixed particular time each day with water, and it can be taken with or without having any meals.
Q: How long this medicine to be taken?
A: This medicine should be taken for the prescribed duration instructed by your doctor.
Q: Does this medicine cause gas?
A: Yes, this medicine is known to cause gas (flatulence).
Q: Can this medicine be purchased without prescription?
A: No, this medicine is only available with a valid doctor's prescription.
Q: What precaution to be taken if expired dosage of this medicine is consumed?
A: If you take this medicine after its expiration date, it may increase the chances of side effects. Consult your doctor immediately for the further course of action.
Q: Does this medicine cause weight loss?
A: No, this medicine does not cause a loss of weight. If you notice any symptoms of weight loss, then it is best to consult your doctor.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem. Atorvastatin
- MedlinePlus. Atorvastatin.
- DailyMed. Label: Atorvastatin calcium – atorvastatin calcium tablet.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Avastin 25 mg/ml concentrate for solution for infusion.
- PeaceHealth. Bevacizumab.
Other Products from this Brand
- Atorva 10 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atorva 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 20 Mg Tab 15 S
- Atorva 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 5 Mg Tab 15 S
- Atorva 80 Mg Tablet
- Atorva 5 Mg Tablet
- Atorva 10 Mg Wp Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Atorva 40 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 10 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 40 Wp Tab
- Atorva Md 80 Mg Tab
- Atorva 20 Mg Tablet 30
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved