Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Atorsave D Tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine that is used to treat high levels of cholesterol in the body, in a condition known as hypercholesterolemia. It contains a combination of atorvasta
tin and Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol as its active substances. Atorsave D Tablet should not be used in children below 10 years of age. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. It is important that you have a cholesterol-lowering diet while taking Atorsave D Tablets for adequate control of your blood cholesterol levels.
|You Save||₹40.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg) + Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(1000.0 Iu)|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach pain, weakness, nausea, diarrhoea|
Uses of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol or any other ingredient of Atorsave D Tablet.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are a woman capable of becoming pregnant and not using any methods of birth control.
Side effects of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have thyroid disorders or are diabetic.
- You recently had a condition where the blood supply to the brain is reduced or blocked completely.
- You or your family have a history of muscle disorders.
- You have a history of intolerance to medicines like statins (atorvastatin) or fibrates (fenofibrate).
- You consume alcohol/alcoholic beverages regularly.
- You are older than 70 years of age.
- You have increased levels of creatine kinase (CK).
- You experience muscle pain, cramps, weakness with or without fever after taking Atorsave D Tablets.
- You develop symptoms like weight loss, weakness, difficulty breathing, cough fever after using this medicine.
- You are taking a medicine called fusidic acid for the treatment of bacterial infections.
Mode of Action of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Atorsave D Tablet contains atorvastatin and Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol as its active substances.
- Atorvastatin inhibits a substance called HMG-CoA reductase, which is responsible for the formation of low-density lipoproteins (bad cholesterol).
- Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol reduces the absorption of cholesterol in the body which lowers low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol).
Directions for Use of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Atorsave D Tablet works or Atorsave D Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Atorsave D Tablet with medicines for treating bacterial infections (telithromycin), fungal infections (ketoconazole), HIV/AIDS (delavirdine, ritonavir), immune system alteration (cyclosporine), Dravet syndrome (stiripentol) should be avoided if possible....
- The use of Atorsave D Tablet with medicines for treating heart-related chest pain (diltiazem, verapamil) and irregular heart rhythms (amiodarone) may increase the levels of Atorsave D Tablet in the body. ...
- Using Atorsave D Tablet with medicines for treating depression (St. John's wort), tuberculosis (rifampicin) may decrease the levels of Atorsave D Tablet in the body.
- Atorsave D Tablet used together with other medicines for treating abnormal/high cholesterol levels (gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, ezetimibe), bacterial eye infections (fusidic acid), gout (colchicine) can increase the risk of skeletal muscle disorders....
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating heart failure (digoxin), blood clots (warfarin), oral contraceptives (ethinyl estradiol, norethindrone).
- The use of grapefruit juice with Atorsave D Tablet should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Atorsave D Tablet a blood thinner?
Q: How long should I take Atorsave D Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- MODLIP (Atorvastatin Calcium Tablets I.P.) [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- Kane L, Moore K, Lütjohann D, Bikle D, Schwartz J. Vitamin D3 Effects on Lipids Differ in Statin and Non-Statin-Treated Humans: Superiority of Free 25-OH D Levels in Detecting Relationships. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2013;98(11):4400-4409