Atorlip 80mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
7 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The Atorlip 80mg Tab composition includes atorvastatin, which helps reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the body, commonly referred to as bad cholesterol.
Uses of Atorlip 80mg Tab
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Reduce triglyceride levels
Contraindications of Atorlip 80mg Tab
- If you have liver disease, jaundice, hepatitis
- Liver tests which indicate abnormal functioning of the liver
- Pregnant or plan to conceive
- Allergy to atorvastatin
- On medication for the treatment of hepatitis (taking medicines like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir)
Side effects of Atorlip 80mg Tab
- Some common side effects of Atorlip 80mg Tab include headache, throat pain, bleeding from the nose, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, pain in the joints, muscles and back, abnormal results of blood test revealing improper functioning of the liver and creatine kinase.read less
- In rare cases, side effects could include, tiredness, lack of appetite, inability to sleep, nightmares, dizziness and numbness and tingling in the fingers, allergic reactions, rashes and itching.
- Severe side effects can include conditions like rhabdomyolysis, in which there is an abnormal breakdown of muscles with severe muscle pain, soreness and fever. This could even lead to acute kidney failure. Other serious side effects may include severe illness with swelling, peeling and blistering of the skin, eyes, mouth, genitals and this could be accompanied by fever. Patients could also notice rashes in the skin, especially on the palms and soles that could lead to blisters.read less
Precautions and Warnings of Atorlip 80mg Tab
Can I take Atorlip 80mg Tab during pregnancy?
No. You should avoid taking the medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Atorlip 80mg Tab while breastfeeding?
No. The medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atorlip 80mg Tab?
Yes, you can drive. This medicine does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Atorlip 80mg Tab?
Consuming too much alcohol while on this medication could cause serious liver problems and hence should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should inform the doctor if you have taken fusidic acid 7 days before or are currently taking fusidic acid, suffer from kidney problems, have a family history of muscle aches and pains and are currently suffering from either of these, have had muscle problems while taking cholesterol-lowering medicines, or regularly consume a lot of alcohol.read less
Mode of Action of Atorlip 80mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Atorlip 80mg Tab prevents HMG-CoA enzyme reductase, which increases cholesterol in the body. By doing so, it reduces cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. It also helps increase good cholesterol, referred to as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in the body.
Directions for Use of Atorlip 80mg Tab
Follow instructions given by your doctor about the dosage of Atorlip 80mg Tab. Strictly avoid self-medication.
Interactions of Atorlip 80mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Care must be taken when the medicine is taken in combination with other medicines.
- Risk of muscle breakdown when taken with cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe
- Risk of rhabdomyolysis (serious muscle breakdown) when taken with fusidic acid or taken within 7 days of stopping fusidic acid
- Lipid levels have to be monitored and dosage must be decreased to the lowest minimum when taken with amiodarone, diltiazem, verapamil
- With some medicines, atorvastatin levels can increase in the blood and cause serious side effects. These medicines include, itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavirread less
- Any medicines to cure hepatitis C like glecaprevir, pibrentasvir should be avoided
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice does not go well with this medicine. So the quantity of grapefruit juice should either be avoided entirely or intake limited.
Other general Interactions
No information is available regarding interactions with other conditions.
Storage and disposal of Atorlip 80mg Tab
The medicine should be kept out of reach of children. Don't consume it beyond the expiry date.No special precaution is necessary for storage and disposal. But make sure not to dispose it with household waste or through wastewater. To protect the environment, ask your pharmacist for exact disposal methods.
Dosage of Atorlip 80mg Tab
Dosage of Atorlip 80mg Tab is very critical. In case of an overdose, inform your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
In case you missed a dose, take it when you remember. But don't take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should be taken while taking Atorlip 80mg Tab?
A: These medicines help reduce cholesterol level. Take care to avoid foods with high-fat content. Exercise regularly for maximum benefits.
Q: What can I do if my daily schedule interferes with the intake of Atorlip 80mg Tab?
A: Try connecting something with taking the medicine every day at the same time, for instance, brushing teeth. Set the alarm or mark it in your calendar to help you remember to take the medicine on time every day.
Q: What should I specifically discuss with my doctor before taking Atorlip 80mg Tab?
- You must tell your doctor if you have a liver/kidney ailment and if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Is there any specific storage instruction for Atorlip 80mg Tab?
A: The medicine should be stored away from heat, light and moisture at room temperature (between 20-25? C).
Q: When and how should Atorlip 80mg Tab be taken?
A: It should be taken at the same time each day with water. It can be taken with or without food.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved