Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
15ml Respiratory Solution in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml composition includes salbutamol, which belongs to a group of medicines called bronchodilators and is used for the treatment of asthma.
Uses of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis such as coughing, wheezing, breathing difficulty and chest tightness
Contraindications of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
- Allergic to salbutamol
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- You have high blood pressure
- Low levels of potassium in the blood
- Fits (seizures)
- Diabetes and ketoacidosis
Side effects of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml side effects include feeling shaky (tremors), increased heart rate, headache, decrease in the level of potassium in your blood, muscle cramps, allergic reactions like itching, rash or skin reddening, swelling of the eyelids, lips, face or throat, increase in wheezing and shortness of breath immediately after the dose.
Precautions and Warnings of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
Can I take Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor, nurse or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine. There is limited information about the safety of this medicine in pregnancy.
Can I take Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml while breastfeeding?
The inhalation of salbutamol is safe while breastfeeding as it is not known to cause any harm to the infant.
Can I drive if I have used Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml?
Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml is not likely to affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml?
Intake of alcoholic beverages while on treatment with this medicine may increase the side effects. Smoking should be avoided strictly since it is known to worsen breathing disorders.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- There is no information available for this medicine.
Mode of Action of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by widening the airways in patients with asthma and COPD. It is inhaled through a nebulizer and works by opening up the air passages allowing non-obstructed airflow into the lungs.
Directions for Use of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml must only be used for inhalation through the mouth via a suitable nebulizer, as instructed by a physician. It must not be injected or swallowed. This medicine may be administered intermittently or continuously.
Interactions of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml may interact with other medications such as aminophylline, theophylline, digoxin, steroids, beta-blockers for blood pressure (propranolol), diuretics and other medicines for heart problems.
Interactions with food items
No known interactions with food
Other general Interactions
- Heart disease
- Hypokalaemia - Use of this medicine has been associated with a decrease in blood potassium levels..
- Seizures - This medicine should be administered with caution in patients with seizure disorders as the risk of increased frequency and severity of convulsions are significantly high.
- Kidney Disease
Storage and disposal of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
- Keep the medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C. Keep the bottle in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
- Do not leave the solution in your nebuliser once you have finished the treatment.
- After opening the bottle, note the day of opening and add 4 weeks to this date. This will be the ‘discard after’ date.
- Do not use any unused medicine after the ‘discard after’ date and return it to your pharmacist for destruction.
Dosage of Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
Overdose of this medicine can be serious. Symptoms of overdose may include nervousness, headache, fainting, tremor, dry mouth, chest pain or heavy feeling, rapid or uneven heart rate, nausea, sweating, dizziness, seizure or (convulsions). These symptoms demand emergency medical attention.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml dosage take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the next one. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml?
- Get the nebuliser ready to be filled.
- Measure out the appropriate amount of the medicine (as advised by your doctor) and put it in the nebuliser bowl.
- Add the correct amount of sterile normal saline solution (according to your doctor's advice).
- Cover the nebuliser bowl with the lid and mix the contents by gently shaking the bowl.
- Assemble the nebuliser and use it as directed.
- Discard any liquid remaining in the bowl after every use.
Q: What to do after using the nebulizer?
- Separate the nebulizer cup from the mouthpiece or mask and wash them with warm water using a mild detergent.
- Rinse all the parts with warm water.
- Remove the excess water from the parts and place them on a clean towel to dry out thoroughly.
Q: When and how to consume the medicine?
- Learn from your doctor/ nurse how to use the nebulizer/ inhaler. Children may require a spacer device.
- Your doctor will tell you how many puffs to use for each dose, and the maximum number of inhalations you should use in 24 hours.
- Follow the doctor's prescription strictly.
- If you do not get relief from your symptoms after using this inhaler, you must contact your doctor for advice immediately.
Q: Is a nebulizer safe for babies?
A: Nebulizers are safe and effective for babies. It is a special instrument that changes a liquid solution into a fine mist. When a baby breathes in the air from the spray, the medicine can enter deep into the lungs and make it easier to breathe.
Q: Who should not take this medication?
A: Do not use inhaled salbutamol if you are allergic to salbutamol or any ingredients of the medication, and if you are allergic to lactose, milk protein or milk.
Q: Any precautions to be taken before starting treatment?
A: Salbutamol should be used with caution in patients with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems and lung infections. Inform your doctor if you have any of the above conditions.
Other Variants for
Asthalin Respirator Solu 15ml
- Asthalin 100 Mcg Inhaler
- Asthalin 200 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- Asthalin 200 Mcg Bottle Of 60 Rotacaps
- Asthalin Respules 2 5 Ml 1 5
- Asthalin 4 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Asthalin 2 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Asthalin Syp 100 Ml
- Asthalin Expectorant Plus Strawberry And Raspberry Flavour Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Asthalin Expectorant Plus Bottle Of 100 Ml Syrup
- Asthalin 4 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Asthalin 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Asthalin Ecopack 100 Mcg Inhaler
- Asthalin Exp
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved