Aspivas 75mg Capsule
By MICRO LABS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aspivas 75mg Capsule Description
Aspivas 75mg Capsule contains a combination of Atorvastatin and Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid), as active ingredient.
|Contains||Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg) + Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid(75.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||ANTI-PLATELET AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS|
Check more medicines with composition as Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg) + Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid(75.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Aspivas 75mg Capsule
- Tonact Asp 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 47.20₹ 40.12₹ 2.67/Capsule
- Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Usv Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 60.65₹ 51.55₹ 3.44/Capsule
- Lipikind As 10/75mg Capsule 10'sBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 35.13₹ 29.86₹ 2.99/Capsule
- Atorlip Asp 10mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 36.59₹ 31.10₹ 3.11/Capsule
- Atchol Asp 10/75mg Capsule 15'sBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 49.00₹ 41.65₹ 2.78/Capsule
- Lipicure As 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 29.75₹ 2.98/Capsule
- Liponorm Asp Capsules 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 42.00₹ 2.8/Capsule
- Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Sun Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 38.50₹ 32.72₹ 3.27/Capsule
- Atorec Asp Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 38.30₹ 32.55₹ 3.26/Capsule
- Atorva Asp 75mg CapsulesBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 44.35₹ 37.70₹ 3.77/Capsule
Uses of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
It is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol, especially when associated with the risk of heart disease, heart attack or stroke.
Contraindications of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
- If you have any allergic reaction to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have bleeding disorders
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine
- If you have gout
- If you have kidney or liver problems
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week)
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir
Side effects of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Indigestion, heartburn and nausea
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe allergic reactions like swelling of your lips, face or body, fainting, difficulty in swallowing and wheezing (serious side effect)
- Reddening of the skin with high fever (serious side effect)
- Abnormal liver function and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
Can I take Aspivas 75mg Capsule during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy
- If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative
Can I take Aspivas 75mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk. You should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aspivas 75mg Capsule?
It does not affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Aspivas 75mg Capsule?
It would be best if you do not take alcohol while taking this medicine. Drinking alcohol may increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestines. If you have any liver disease or history of liver disease, there are increased chances of further liver damage with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you experience muscle pain, cramps, weakness and fever after taking this medicine, immediately inform your doctor
- If you experience any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine
- If you have breathing difficulty
- If you are addicted to alcohol
- If you have any thyroid problems
- If you are undergoing surgery or had an operation recently
- If you have any unusual bleeding
- If you notice black tarry stools or blood in vomit
- If you have asthma, this medicine can worsen your asthma
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine
- If you are suffering from gout
- If you experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take this medicine as it can increase the bleeding
- If you are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid as this may cause serious muscle injury
- If you have diabetes, regular blood glucose check-up is needed
Mode of Action of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme. Therefore, lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL levels)...
- Aspirin in low doses stops the platelets from forming a clot so that the blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries
Directions for Use of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
The dosage of Aspivas 75mg Capsule should be taken as per the physician's guidelines. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Swallow it as a whole.
Interactions of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Atorvastatin and Aspirin. Any interactions that are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Never take this medicine with hepatitis medicines like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir
- Medicines used for thinning of the blood (e.g. Warfarin) can increase the risk of bleeding
- Increased risk of muscle damage and serious side effects if taken with Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Itraconazole, Tacrolimus and Ezetimibe
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or any heart problems like Amlodipine and Digoxin can increase the side effects of this medicine
- This medicine may interfere with medicines used for high BP like Ramipril and Lisinopril
- Avoid the use of painkillers as it can lead to stomach bleeding
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be limited in quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
Store it in a cool and dry place and away from light.
Dosage of Aspivas 75mg Capsule
- As Aspivas 75mg Capsule contains Aspirin, symptoms of overdose include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits and low blood sugar...
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with daily activities such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. It may help you to remember. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking this medicine?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, inform your doctor that you are on treatment with this medicine, as it contains Aspirin and excess of it can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: I am on Aspivas 75mg Capsule and planning a pregnancy. What precautions do I need to take?
A: This medicine should not be taken during or before conceiving. Use effective contraception to avoid pregnancy when on this medicine. If you are planning a pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor. Your doctor may change this medicine to a safer alternative.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.