Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
120ml Expectorant in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant Description
Ascoril Plus is a medication for oral administration. It is a combination medicine that contains bromhexine, guaiphenesin/guaifenesin, menthol, and terbutaline which treats cough by expelling phlegm
out of bronchi.
|You Save||₹20.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Bromhexine(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg/5ml) + Menthol(0.5 Mg/5ml) + Terbutaline(1.25 Mg/5ml)|
|Side effects||nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Bromhexine(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg/5ml) + Menthol(0.5 Mg/5ml) + Terbutaline(1.25 Mg/5ml)
Uses of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
- Wet cough
Contraindications of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
- Overactive thyroid gland
- Low potassium in blood
- Cardiac arrhythmia
Side effects of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reaction
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
Can I use Ascoril plus during pregnancy?
Due to limited studies in humans, the safety of Ascoril in pregnant women could not be proven. Please consult your doctor.
Is Ascoril plus safe to use while breastfeeding?
Information regarding this is not yet available therefore please consult the doctor before starting this medication.
Does this medication affect the ability to drive?
Ascoril plus does not affect the ability to drive however, if side effects like drowsiness is observed, driving ability can be compromised.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Interaction of Acsoril with alcohol is unknown.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are hypersensitive to bromhexine, menthol, guaifenesin, and terbutaline
- You have diabetes
- You have a history of fits
- You have high blood pressure
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have a heart problem
- You have phenylketonuria
- You have stomach ulcers
Mode of Action of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
How Does It Work?
Guaifenesin and terbutaline relieve chest congestion by thinning mucus in the airways, making it simpler to expel mucus. While bromhexine works by disrupting the acid polysacharide fibres in mucoid sputum which decreases the viscosity and makes it easy to expectorate....
Directions for Use of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
- Take this medication as per doctor's prescription with the help of measuring cup
- Do not exceed the number of prescribed dose
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Ascoril plus with beta-blockers could lead to troubled breathing
- Diuretics like furosemide may affect heart rate and decrease the amount of potassium in the body
- Antidepressants when taken with Ascoril plus can worsen the side effects
- Bumetanide, when combined with terbutaline, increases the risk of hypokalemia
- Acebutolol decreases the efficacy of Ascoril plus
Storage and disposal of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
Dosage of Ascoril Plus Bottle Of 120ml Expectorant
- An overdose can cause severe side effects and worsen the underlying condition present if any. Therefore in case of overdose, contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, do not panic and take two doses at once. However, if the subsequent dose is approaching, take the prescribed dose at the usual time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ascoril Plus be used in a hyperthyroid patient?
A: It should be used with caution when given to a hyperthyroid patient as an underlying condition can worsen the side effects.
Q: Can I use Ascoril Plus to treat dry cough?
A: No, Ascoril plus is used to expel the mucus out of the airways; therefore, this medication cannot be used to treat dry cough
Q: Can I stop taking Cheston Plus when I feel better?
A: No, you should not abruptly discontinue the medicine. Instead, you should complete the whole course of the medication as directed by your doctor. Do not take the medicine for any longer than is suggested.
Q: Can I give this medicine to my child?
A: No, you cannot give this medication to your child. Ascoril LS is used to treat cough in childrens.
- Guaifenesin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 25 March 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682494.html
- Terbutaline [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 March 2022]. Available from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Terbutaline
- Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022. Bromhexine hydrochloride. [online] Available at: <https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Bromhexine-hydrochloride> [Accessed 25 March 2022].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- ASCORIL LS BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS BOTTLE OF 200ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL LS JUNIOR BOTTLE OF 60ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL SF BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS HONEY ROSE FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 120ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS GINGER LEMON FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 120ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- ASCORIL LS JUNIOR BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL FLU SYRUP 60ML
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed