Arifine 2.5mg Tablet
Arifine 2.5 MG Description
Arifine-2.5 Tablet is an antipsychotic mood stabiliser primarily used to treat mood disorders such as schizophrenia, autism-related irritability, and Tourette's syndrome. Uses of Arifine-2.5 Tablet a
lso include treating mental depression when used in conjunction with other antidepressant medications. Arifine 2.5 Tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It affects ideas by altering the functioning of particular chemical messengers in the brain (dopamine and serotonin). Arifine-2.5 Tablets can be taken with or without food and should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Your doctor will tell you how often you should take an Arifine-2.5 Tablet based on your medical situation. Drowsiness, headaches, fatigue, akathisia (inability to sit still), problems sleeping, light-headedness, indigestion, shaking, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, and increased saliva production are all possible side effects of Arifine. The majority of these Arifine-2.5 Tablet 10's adverse effects do not require medical treatment and fade away with time. Please visit your doctor if the side effects persist or worsen. If you have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fits, involuntary muscular movements, particularly in the face, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, you should see a doctor and inform them about your pre-existing conditions before starting the dosage of Arifine 2.5 Tablets.
|You Save||₹6.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Mania, Bipolar disorder, Tourette syndrome.|
|Side effects||Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Blurred vision, Sleepiness, Severe Dyspepsia (upper abdominal pain and discomfort), Increased saliva production, Restlessness, Dizziness, Constipation, Tremor, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)|
Uses of Arifine 2.5 MG
- Acute treatment of manic and mixed episodes associated with Bipolar I disorder (brain disorder characterised by unusual shifts in the mood)
- Adjunctive Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder
- Irritability Associated with Autistic Disorder
- Treatment of Tourette’s disorder
Contraindications of Arifine 2.5 MG
Side effects of Arifine 2.5 MG
- Common side effects include:
- Blurred vision
- Severe Dyspepsia (upper abdominal pain and discomfort)
- Increased saliva production
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Precautions and Warnings of Arifine 2.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to aripiprazole or any other components of Arifine-2.5 Tablet.
- You are above 65 years of age as there is an increased risk of adverse responses such as dizziness, changes in mobility and balance, orthostatic hypotension (blood pressure drop when standing up), and drowsiness. ...
- Children under the age of 15 should not take Arifine-2.5 Tablets.
- You experience any self-harming ideas or behaviours while taking Arifine-2.5 Tablet.
- You develop impulse control disorders such as excessive eating, spending, gambling addiction, or an abnormally strong sex drive so that the dose can be adjusted suitably, or you can discontinue taking Arifine-2.5 Tablet....
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fits, involuntary muscle movements, especially in the face, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), blood clots, a history of stroke or heart attack, kidney or liver problems....
Mode of Action of Arifine 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Arifine 2.5 MG
- The dosage and duration of the Arifine 2.5 tablet are prescribed by your doctor. Arifine 2.5 tablets can be taken with or without food. However, it is recommended to take it after meals to prevent nausea. Swallow the entire tablet with a glass of water. Do not crush, bite or break....
Interactions of Arifine 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Arifine 2.5 may react with the following medicines:
- Medicines used to lower high blood pressure (metoprolol)- additive effects in lowering your blood pressure
- Antipsychotics (olanzapine) and antidepressants (fluoxetine) -increase side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth
- Antifungals (itraconazole, ketoconazole)-increase blood levels of Arifine 2.5 leading to symptoms similar to overdose
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeat (amiodarone, flecainide, quinidine)-increase blood levels of Arifine 2.5 leading to symptoms similar to overdose
- HIV drugs (nevirapine, efavirenz, indinavir, ritonavir)-decreased effect of Arifine 2.5 Tablet
- Painkillers (ibuprofen)- increased risk of elevation of blood pressure
- Antibiotics (rifampicin, rifabutin)-decreased effect of Arifine 2.5 Tablet
- Anticonvulsants (phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital)-decreased effect of Arifine 2.5 Tablet
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice may interact with Arifine-2.5 Tablet. As a result, if you take an Arifine-2.5 Tablet with grapefruit juice, the effect of Arifine-2.5 Tablet may be reduced.
- Arifine-2.5 Tablet may interact with St. John's Wort (a herbal medicine used to treat depression) leading to decreased effect of Arifine 2.5 Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Arifine 2.5 MG
Dosage of Arifine 2.5 MG
- Vomiting, drowsiness, and tremor are common adverse responses associated with oral Arifine 2.5 tablets (alone or in combination with other medications). Acidosis, aggression, bradycardia, coma, confusional state, convulsion, depressed level of consciousness, hypotension, lethargy, loss of consciousness and pneumonia are complications of Arifine 2.5 tablets overdose....
- There is no specific information on how to treat Arifine 2.5 tablets overdose. Supportive therapy, maintaining a sufficient airway, oxygenation and ventilation, and symptom management should be the focus of overdose care. An early charcoal delivery may effectively prevent aripiprazole absorption in the event of Arifine 2.5 tablets overdose. Until the patient recovers, medical observation and surveillance should be maintained....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Arifine 2.5 Tablet addictive or habit-forming?
Q: Can I stop taking Arifine 2.5 tablets without consulting my doctor?
- No, you should not stop taking an Arifine-2.5 Tablet without first visiting your doctor since this could make your problem worse or create recurrent symptoms. As a result, take the Arifine-2.5 Tablet for as long as your doctor has recommended it, and if you have any problems while taking it, tell your doctor so that the dose can be progressively lowered....