Aquazide 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Aquazide 25 MG Description
Aquazide 25 tablet contains hydrochlorothiazide as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and health conditions of heart, kidney, liver associated with edema or flu
id retention. It is a water pill, works by increasing the urinary output of excess salt and water. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and it is very important to take your anti-hypertensive medicines on time along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications. Consult your doctor for more information on this.
Uses of Aquazide 25 MG
- For the treatment of high blood pressure.
- For the treatment of heart, kidney and liver-related health conditions associated with edema or fluid retention.
Contraindications of Aquazide 25 MG
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you are allergic to Hydrochlorthiazide or any other component of Aquazide 25 tablet.
Side effects of Aquazide 25 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular blood count
- Allergic reactions
- Salt imbalance
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Aquazide 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver function-related problem.
- You are already taking any blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are dehydrated or passing too much urine, vomiting and have excessive diarrhoea.
- You are diabetic and taking anti-diabetic medicine or insulin.
- This medicine may lead to salt or electrolyte imbalance, patients should be monitored closely.
- This medicine may interfere with the laboratory test results of certain tests, tell your doctor or laboratory personnel.
Mode of Action of Aquazide 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Aquazide 25 MG
- Take Aquazide 25 tablet as prescribed by your doctor with water.
- Try to take this medicine at same time everyday for effective disease control.
Interactions of Aquazide 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Aquazide 25 tablet is enhanced by certain medicines acting on the brain and can lead to excessive low blood pressure.
- Certain medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as Cholestyramine and Colestipol if taken along with Aquazide can reduce its absorption and reduce its desired action.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Anti-inflammatory or painkiller medicines can reduce the blood pressure-lowering action of this medicine and the patient needs to be monitored closely.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparation if you are taking currently or might take.
Storage and disposal of Aquazide 25 MG
- Aquazide 25 tablets should be stored in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.