Apresol Strip Of 10 Tablets
Apresol 25 MG Description
Apresol tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine that is used to treat high blood pressure. High blood pressure occurs when the force with which your blood pushes against the walls of your blood
vessels is continuously too high. This may increase your risk for medical problems like heart disease, heart attack, or stroke. Apresol tablet contains dihydralazine as the active substance that works by relaxing the blood vessels. Apresol tablet should only be used in adults above 18 years of age. Always take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this medicine on your own.
Uses of Apresol 25 MG
Contraindications of Apresol 25 MG
- If you are allergic to dihydralazine or any other ingredient of Apresol tablet.
- If you have or had a condition known as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) which causes joint pain, skin rashes, and fever.
- If you have increased heart rate or heart failure due to increased pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs.
- If you have a condition called thyrotoxicosis that causes excessive thyroid hormones in the blood.
- If you have heart problems or a condition known as porphyria.
Side effects of Apresol 25 MG
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Apresol 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a condition where there is insufficient blood flow to the heart causing chest pain/discomfort.
- You have blockage of one or more blood vessels that supply blood to the heart.
- You had a heart attack recently.
- You experience joint pain, fever, rashes, tingling sensation after using this medicine.
- You have narrow blood vessels in the brain.
- You have a condition where your body handles some medicines more slowly than other
- You have liver or kidney problems;
Mode of Action of Apresol 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Apresol 25 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Apresol 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Apresol tablet works, or Apresol tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Apresol tablet with medicines for treating high blood pressure (furosemide, ramipril, minoxidil, amlodipine), anaesthesia (ketamine, thiopental), depression (amitriptyline), anxiety (phenelzine), chest pain (nitroglycerin) may increase the effect of these medicines in the body. ...
- Use of Apresol tablets just before or after diazoxide may cause extremely low blood pressure.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines called MAO inhibitors (selegiline).
- The effect of Apresol tablet may be neutralized when used along with contraceptives (oestrogens) or pain/fever relieving medicines (aspirin, ibuprofen).
Storage and disposal of Apresol 25 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Apresol 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Apresol tablet with amlodipine?
Q: What are Apresol tablets used for?
Q: Can Apresol tablet be crushed and taken?
Q: What kind of diet/lifestyle should I follow if I have high blood pressure?
Q: Does high blood pressure cause erectile dysfunction?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 February 2022]
- Weber-Schöndorfer C. Heart and circulatory system drugs and diuretics. Drugs During Pregnancy and Lactation. 2007;:193-236
- Hydralazine 25 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 February 2022]
- Hydralazine 25 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 February 2022]