Anorelief Cream 30gm
By MICRO LABS
30g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Anorelief Cream is a combination medicine used in the treatment of anal fissure, anal sphincter spasm, painful haemorrhoids. It contains two active ingredients lidocaine and nifedipine that helps in better healing of the anal fissure. Do not take this medicine if you have a history of allergy or any heart problems. this medicine is to be applied to the anal region according to the doctor's advice. It takes time for an anal fissure to heal so do not stop using this medicine by yourself. Inform your doctor if you develop any abnormal symptoms during the treatment.
Uses of Anorelief Cream 30gm
- It is used in the treatment of anal fissures.
Contraindications of Anorelief Cream 30gm
- If you have a history of allergy to Anorelief Cream or any of the content of the medicine.
- If you have certain medical conditions like anaemia, low blood pressure, dehydration, heart-related disorders etc.
- If you feel an increased pressure in the brain.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Anorelief Cream 30gm
- Allergy at the application site
- Irritation on the rectal area
Precautions and Warnings of Anorelief Cream 30gm
Can I use Anorelief Cream during pregnancy?
It is advised to consult your doctor before using Anorelief Cream, especially during the first trimester.
Can I use Anorelief Cream while breastfeeding?
It is advised to consult your doctor before applying Anorelief Cream while breastfeeding. In case you have been prescribed this medicine, avoid using large quantity for the long term.
Can I drive if I have applied Anorelief Cream?
Anorelief Cream does not influence your driving ability. However, it is advised to avoid activities requiring long sitting as it may increase the pain due to rectal fissure.
Can I consume alcohol during the treatment with Anorelief Cream?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. Consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel that symptoms are getting worse instead of getting better.
- You do not feel any improvement within a week.
- You feel any adverse effects like rectal bleeding, pain, burning sensation, blistering etc. report to your doctor immediately.
- You should discuss your complete medical history and ongoing medications with your doctor before using this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You should try to avoid having constipation, as it may exaggerate the symptoms.
Mode of Action of Anorelief Cream 30gm
How Does It Work?
- Contraction of the anal sphincter and muscle spasm around the fissure prevents the healing process of anal fissure. This muscle contraction is dependent on calcium. Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker that works by blocking this calcium from entering the blood vessels, thus relaxing blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily and relaxes the muscles around the anal canal.read less
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic. It acts on nerves and blocks the conduction of pain sensations for a short duration of time. Thereby helps in reducing pain sensation.
- A combination of this medicine helps in better healing of the anal fissure.
Directions for Use of Anorelief Cream 30gm
- Wash your hands thoroughly. Wear gloves while using Anorelief Cream to reduce the possibility of side effects.
- Lie down on your left side in a comfortable position with your left leg flat and your right leg bent with your knee in the air.
- Put a required quantity on your finger and spread the ointment around the anus and just inside the rectum.
- Remove gloves and wash hands.
- Follow the doctor's advice.
- Use this medicine for the duration your doctor has advised.
- It may take several weeks to heal the fissure, so your doctor may advise frequent follow-ups to check the clinical condition.
- Your doctor may advise adding fibre to your diet and may ask you to increases water intake, take relaxing baths or sitz baths.
Interactions of Anorelief Cream 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.read less
- Avoid simultaneous application of any other medicine on the affected area after applying Anorelief Cream.
Storage and disposal of Anorelief Cream 30gm
- The cream should be stored below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use it after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Anorelief Cream 30gm
As this medicine is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Anorelief Cream?
A: This medicine is used in the treatment of anal fissure, anal sphincter spasm, painful haemorrhoids and pelvic floor spasm.
Q: How does Anorelief Cream work?
- Anorelief Cream contains medicines known as Lidocaine and Nifedipine. Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker and thus it relaxes the muscles around the anal canal and helps in the healing of the anal fissure. Lidocaine is an anaesthetic medicine, it works by blocking the pain signals reaching higher centres in the body. Thus, helps in relieving the pain associated with the spasm of the anal sphincter. A combination of this medicine helps in better healing of the anal fissure.read less
Q: Can I take other medicines with Anorelief Cream?
A: Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions like cough cold medicines, medicines for migraine, medicine for high blood pressure and medicine to dissolve a blood clot.
Q: How to use Anorelief Cream?
A: Wash your hands. Wear gloves while using Anorelief Cream. Lie down on your left side in a comfortable position with your left leg flat and your right leg bent with your knee in the air. Place a pinhead-sized quantity on your finger. Spread the ointment around the anus and just inside the rectum. Remove gloves and wash hands. Follow the doctor's advice.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
- NIFEDIPINE OINTMENT [Internet]. Medicine.umich.edu. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
- Germoloids Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
- Germoloids Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
- Nifedipine Gel with Lidocaine in the Treatment of Anal Fissure [Internet]. Pdfs.semanticscholar.org. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 27 Apr 2021 | 12:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved