Anafortan Inj Vail
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
20ml Injection in Ampoule
Non ReturnableRead More
Anafortan injection contains Camylofin which is used to treat stomach pain, cramps, and discomfort associated with conditions similar to obstruction of the intestine, urinary tract, bile duct or menstrual cramps, etc. This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and palpitation are few side effects that you may experience with Anafortan injection. These side effects usually go away with time, but if you feel your condition worsens, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital. Before taking this injection, you should notify your doctor about all the medicines, supplements you take and also about all the diseases or conditions you suffer from, in case you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
Uses of Anafortan Inj Vail
Anafortan injection is used to treat severe stomach pain, cramps, etc. which are associated with different conditions like menstrual cramps, obstruction of the intestine, urinary tract, bile duct, etc.
Contraindications of Anafortan Inj Vail
- If you are allergic to Camylofin or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma
- If you have difficulty in passing urine or completely emptying the bladder
- If you have a fast heart rate
- If you suffer from any bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract
- If you have an enlarged prostate
- If you have a rare hereditary disease called porphyria
- If you have megacolon, abnormal dilation of the large intestine
- If you have any condition known as mechanical stenoses
Side effects of Anafortan Inj Vail
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Dilated pupils
- Fast heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Anafortan Inj Vail
Can I take Anafortan injection during pregnancy?
Anafortan injection is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Anafortan injection while breastfeeding?
Anafortan injection is not recommended during breastfeeding, as it is unknown if components of this injection passes into human milk. Consult your doctor before using this injection during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Anafortan injection?
There is limited information about the effects of Anafortan injection on driving, but since this injection may cause dizziness and drowsiness, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Anafortan injection?
There is limited information about the effects of Anafortan injection with alcohol, but you should avoid consuming alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a fever
- You have difficulty passing urine
- You have fast heartbeats
- You have an obstructive lung disease
- You have problems with your heart or intestines
- You have a prostate problem (like Benign prostate enlargement)
- You have an excess of thyroid hormone in the body
- You have pyloric stenosis (gastric outlet obstruction)
- You recently had or will be having a heart surgery
- You are taking medicines like Amantadine (used in Parkinson's disease), Quinidine (used in heart disease) or Amitriptyline, Doxepin which are used to treat psychiatric illness.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are above 65 years of age
Mode of Action of Anafortan Inj Vail
How Does It Work?
Anafortan works by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and intestines. It stops muscle spasms or contractions, thus reducing pain, cramps, discomfort, bloating, etc.
Directions for Use of Anafortan Inj Vail
- Anafortan injection will be given to you usuallly in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by a doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Anafortan Inj Vail
Interactions with other medicines
Anafortan injection, when taken together with antacids, may interfere with the absorption of Camylofin. Medicines like Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine (used to treat allergy), Disopyramide, Quinidine (used to treat heart condition), Pethidine (used to relieve moderate to severe pain), Amantadine (used in Parkinson's disease) and medicines used to treat psychiatric illness like Amitriptyline, Doxepin, and Phenothiazine, should be used with caution along with Anafortan injection.
Storage and disposal of Anafortan Inj Vail
- Store Anafortan injection as mentioned on the pack.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Anafortan Inj Vail
Anafortan injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely to get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms such as dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing, talking or urinating, skin redness, fever, dilated pupil, extreme sensitivity to light, blurred vision, palpitation, or rashes, right after taking this injection, seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
Your doctor or nurse will monitor you as to when Anafortan injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. In case your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Anafortan injection?
A: Anafortan injection is used to treat stomach pain, cramps, and bloating associated with various conditions like menstrual cramps, obstruction of the intestine, urinary tract, bile duct, etc.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Anafortan injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, lung or prostate disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- The components of Anafortan injection may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicinesread less
Q: Can I take Anafortan by myself?
A: Anafortan is to be taken by injection. So, it is always advisable to get this injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. It also needs to observe the patient for some time after giving this injection. It should not be self-administered.
Q: Is it safe to use Anafortan injection during pregnancy?
A: There is limited data available on the safety of Anafortan injection in pregnancy. Hence, this injection is not recommended to be used during pregnancy.
Q: How long should I take Anafortan injection?
A: You should take Anafortan injection for the treatment and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Last Updated on: 30 Aug 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved