Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30's
By SHREYA LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amloz Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains amlodipine, an antihypertensive. It is also used for the treatment of angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels and improving the blood flow. Take this medicine in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better. You should also inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
Uses of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
Amloz Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and a type of chest pain (Angina).
Contraindications of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have very low blood pressure or heart-related conditions such as stenosis, cardiogenic shock, heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
- Sleepiness especially at beginning of treatment
- Ankle swelling
- An upset stomach
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
Can I take Amloz Tablet during pregnancy?
There is no information available about the safety of Amloz Tablet during pregnancy. You should inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Amloz Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amloz Tablet?
You may feel dizzy, tired or have a headache after taking this medicine, should be cautious while driving, especially during the initial days of the treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Amloz Tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure. Hence, caution is advised. Individuals with high blood pressure should avoid binge drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying health condition related to the liver and kidneys.
- You have heart-related conditions or recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly, caution is advised while changing the dose for the elderly.
Mode of Action of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
How Does It Work?
Amloz Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure. It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscle and prevents chest pain due to angina.
Directions for Use of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
- Amloz Tablet should be taken with sufficient water with or without food.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal blood pressure control.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time each day for optimal results.
Interactions of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amloz Tablet works or Amloz itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as antibiotics, antifungals, other anti-hypertensive medicines, cholesterol-lowering medicines, medicines for heart conditions and muscle relaxants etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are immunosuppressants, anti-HIV medicines etc.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed along with Amloz Tablet, as these can cause a drop in your blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused or expired medicine properly.
Dosage of Amloz 2.5mg Tab 30'S
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include dizziness, lightheadedness, weak, fast heartbeat or excessive drop in blood pressure etc. Seek immediate medical help in case of an overdose of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you remember if there is sufficient time left for the next scheduled dose. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose. Missing a dose of this medicine can lead to a rise in blood pressure and should be avoided.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Amloz Tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs. Follow up with your doctor regularly.
Q: What lifestyle modifications I should make to control my blood pressure?
A: You should take your medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on smoking habits. White salt should be replaced with Himalayan or rock salt.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. High blood pressure and heart failure are critical health conditions, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 04:24 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved