Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Amlokind H Tablet is a combination medicine. It contains amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure not controlled by monotherapy
individual components). This medicine works by the combined action of its two components, it relaxes the blood vessels and helps in removing the unwanted salt and water from the body. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and it is very important to take your anti-hypertensive medicines on time along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications. Consult your doctor for more information on this.
|You Save||₹5.26 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, sleepiness, abdominal pain|
Uses of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Known allergy to Amlodipine or Hydrochlorthiazide or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you suffer from heart failure after a heart attack, extremely low blood pressure, narrowing of a heart valve.
- If you are suffering from cardiogenic shock 9a condition in which your heart is not able to pump sufficient blood).
Side effects of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular blood count
Precautions and Warnings of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney related condition.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You have heart failure, as it should be used with caution.
- You are an elderly, special attention is required for an elderly patient.
- You are already taking any blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- You are dehydrated or passing too much urine, vomiting and have excessive diarrhoea.
- You are diabetic and taking anti-diabetic medicine or insulin.
- This medicine may interfere with the laboratory test results of certain tests, tell your doctor or laboratory personnel.
- This medicine may lead to salt or electrolyte imbalance, patients should be monitored closely.
Mode of Action of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amlokind H Tablet works by the combined action of Amlodipine and Hydrochlorthiazide. Amlodipine works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reduces the blood pressure inside them
- Hydrochlorthiazide acts by removing excess fluid and salt from the body by increasing the urine output thus help reduce blood volume and pressure. It also reduces the load on the heart.
Directions for Use of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Amlokind H Tablet as per your doctor's prescription.
- Try to take it at the same time every day for effective results.
Interactions of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Simvastatin(used to lower cholesterol levels), Tacrolimus and Cyclosporin (immunomodulators) may interact with this medicine and may require dose reduction.
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Amlokind H Tablet is enhanced by certain medicines acting on the brain, antifungals(azoles) and antibiotics (erythromycin or clarithromycin) can lead to excessive low blood pressure....
- Certain medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as Cholestyramine and Colestipol if taken along with Amlokind H Tablet can reduce its absorption and reduce its desired action.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Anti-inflammatory or painkiller medicines can reduce the blood pressure-lowering action of this medicine and the patient needs to be monitored closely.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparation if you are taking currently or might take.
Interactions with food items
Dosage of Amlokind H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Amlokind H Tablet?
Q: When should I take Amlokind H Tablet?
Q: Can I take other supplements for controlling my blood pressure along with Amlokind H Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- Amlokind At 5 50 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Amlokind 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Amlokind L Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlokind 2 5 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Amlokind 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlokind Beta 50 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlokind Beta 25 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlokind 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlokind At 50 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets