Amlokind 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Amlokind 2.5 MG Description
Amlokind 2.5 mg tablets is an anti-hypertensive medicine that belongs to the group of calcium channel blockers. It is used to control high blood pressure and relieve chest pain. Amlokind tablets shou
ld be used cautiously in the elderly. This medicine should not be used by women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Keep this medicine away from children.
Uses of Amlokind 2.5 MG
Contraindications of Amlokind 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to amlodipine.
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure.
- If you have suffered from a heart attack.
- If you are suffering from advanced stages of heart failure.
- If you have a low blood supply to the body by the heart (cardiogenic shock).
- If you are suffering from constriction of the aorta heart valve (aortic stenosis).
Side effects of Amlokind 2.5 MG
- Allergic reaction
- Increased heartbeats
- Swelling of feet
- Headache, nausea and dizziness
- Stomach pain
- Severe drop in blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Amlokind 2.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to the active ingredient amlodipine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have recently suffered from a heart attack.
- You are experiencing chest pain.
- You are suffering from a serious liver disorder.
- You are suffering from a severe kidney-related disorder.
- You tend to blood pressure dropping low.
- You are suffering from a valve-related disorder of the heart (severe aortic stenosis).
- You are suffering from advanced stages of heart failure.
- You are elderly. Dosage adjustment should be done carefully.
- This medicine should not be administered to children.
Mode of Action of Amlokind 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amlokind 2.5 MG
Interactions of Amlokind 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of clarithromycin and amlodipine should be avoided as there is a chance of blood pressure dropping too low.
- Co-administration of medicines like protease inhibitors, azole antifungals, antibiotics like erythromycin, verapamil or diltiazem along with amlodipine, may affect the way the body eliminates amlodipine....
- Administering amlodipine along with antibiotic medicine rifampicin may lead to faster elimination of amlodipine from the body.
- There is a risk of increased tacrolimus (medicine used to modify the immune system) blood levels when co-administered with amlodipine.
- Amlodipine decreases the elimination of lipid-lowering medications like simvastatin.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
- It is noted that grapefruit and its juice can cause a drastic fall in blood pressure. Hence, it needs to be avoided if you are taking Amlokind 2.5 mg tablets.
Other general Interactions
Storage and disposal of Amlokind 2.5 MG
Dosage of Amlokind 2.5 MG
- An overdose of Amlokind 2.5 mg tablets can lead to a severe drop in blood pressure due to dilatation of the blood vessels and raised heartbeats. Reduced blood pressure (Hypotension) for a longer period can be life-threatening....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the preferred time to take Amlokind 2.5mg tablets?
Q: What should I inform the doctor before consuming Amlokind 2.5mg tablets?
- Inform your healthcare provider in detail about any medical condition you have, including pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also,
- inform if you are consuming any medications.