Amitril Plus Tablets
Amitril Plus Tablets Description
Amitril Plus Tab is used to treat depression and anxiety. It belongs to the class of tricyclic antidepressants (TCA). The main components of Amitril Plus Tab are amitriptyline and chlordiazepoxide. I
n some cases, it is prescribed to prevent the symptoms associated with these diseases. Directions for the use of the Amitril Plus Tab should be strictly followed. This medicine should be taken at the same time every day. Care should be taken to avoid both an overdose and skipped doses. Amitril Plus Tab is a prescription medicine and should never be taken without consultation with the doctor. It can interact with certain foods and should never be consumed with alcohol. Some common side effects of Amitril Plus Tab include vomiting, nausea, xerostomia (dryness in the mouth), low sexual desires, etc. If the side effects cause problems or persist for long, it is best to consult a doctor.
|₹4.24 (14% on MRP)
|Chlordiazepoxide(5.0 Mg) + Amitriptyline(12.5 Mg)
|Depression along with anxiety
|Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Confusion, Gain in weight, Xerostomia (dryness in the mouth)
Uses of Amitril Plus Tablets
- Amitril Plus Tabl is used to manage the following conditions:
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of anxiety (associated with depression where the person is unable to speak, express themselves, or feel comfortable while in situations of sudden urgency or, some cases, activities of everyday lifestyle)...
Contraindications of Amitril Plus Tablets
- Before starting treatment with an Amitril Plus Tab, inform your doctor if any of the following statements are true:
- If you have been diagnosed with obesity (excessive weight because of high concentration of fat deposits)
- If you have been diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- If you have liver disease
- If you have been diagnosed with uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure)
- If you have been diagnosed with diabetes (increased blood sugar levels)
- If you have been diagnosed with arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- If you have any other uncontrolled heart disease
- If you have been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid levels)
Side effects of Amitril Plus Tablets
- The common side effects of Amitril Plus Tab are as follows:
- Xerostomia (dryness in the mouth)
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Amitril Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- Your side effects persist for longer than usual.
- You experience dizziness and nervousness.
- You are trying to conceive.
- You are lactating.
- You are a chronic alcohol user.
- You are taking other medicines.
- You are taking alternative medicine like herbal medicines or homoeopathy.
Mode of Action of Amitril Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitril Plus Tablets
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with water; do not chew or crush it.
- Do not take without consulting a doctor. Amitril Plus Tab is a prescription medicine.
- Do not skip or stop this medicine suddenly, even if you start feeling better.
- Take it at the same time every day.
- Take it with or without food, depending upon your doctor's instructions.
- Talk to your doctor if side effects persist, even though they usually go away after some time.
Interactions of Amitril Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid adverse effects caused by medicine interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements (including herbal medicines and supplements, and multivitamins) you are currently taking. When Amitril plus Tab is taken along with the following medicines, it can have adverse reactions:...
- Antibiotics - linezolid - for bacterial infections efficiency can reduce the effectiveness of both the treatments.
- Anticholinergic medicines (used in the treatment of breathing disorders) can cause difficulty in breathing or breathlessness.
- Medicines that contain sympathomimetic agents like phenylephrine and isoproterenol (used in heart emergencies) can interact with the Amitril Plus Tab and cause an abrupt heart rate that can lead to restlessness or breathing difficulties. In some cases, heart failures or sudden deaths have been reported. ...
- Antifungal medicines like fluconazole with Amitril plus Tab can increase the side effects.
- Anti-tubercular medicine like rifampicin interact with these medications and cause an elevation in depression and sedation.
Interactions with food items
- As Amitril Plus Tab causes an increase in weight, it is advised to eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals, including green leafy vegetables and low sugar content diets.