Amitone 10mg Tablet
Amitone 10 MG Description
Amitone 10 mg Tablet is a tricyclic antidepressant used to treat depression. It is used to treat the signs and symptoms of severe/clinical depression. A range of other illnesses, including neuropathi
c pain and migraine, are treated and prevented with different doses of this medicine. Amitone 10 mg Tablet is a prescription-only antidepressant medication. This drug assists in depression by boosting a number of synthetic messengers in the brain, which has a soothing effect on the mind. Its complete action could take up a month to show, with some benefits possibly showing in fourteen days. Although this drug is not addictive, you may encounter certain side effects if you stop using it suddenly (withdrawal symptoms).
|You Save||₹2.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Migraine, Neuropathic pain|
|Side effects||Breathing distress, oedema, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, constipation, weight gain, low libido, slow speech and confusion.|
Uses of Amitone 10 MG
- Loss of interest
- Neuropathic pain
Contraindications of Amitone 10 MG
- If you have a known allergy to Amitone 10 mg or any of its components.
- If you have taken MAOIs (Monoamine oxidase Inhibitors) within the last 14 days due to an increased risk of adverse effects.
- If you've recently had a heart attack, as it could make things worse.
- If you have liver problems, you should avoid taking Amitone 10 mg Tablet because it may worsen your condition.
- Amitone 10 mg tablets are not recommended in children for the treatment of depression, neuropathic pain, or migraine.
Side effects of Amitone 10 MG
- Dry mouth
- Speech disturbance
- Increased heart rate
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Nasal congestion
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Amitone 10 MG
Other General Warnings
Mode of Action of Amitone 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitone 10 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Amitone 10 mg tablet.
- The doctor will determine the dose and frequency of administration.
- Ensure taking the proper dose of medicine for the prescribed duration.
- Read and follow the instructions printed on the label.
- Take the tablet just before bedtime because it may make you sleepy.
- Take your medication orally with a glass of water, swallow your tablets whole.
Interactions of Amitone 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Amitone 10 mg may interact with the following drugs, and it is advisable to consult your doctor for appropriate dose adjustment.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Amitone 10 MG
Dosage of Amitone 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can taking Amitone 10 mg Tablet impact my sex life?
Q: Can I stop Amitone 10 mg once I start feeling better?
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). [Accessed 19 Mar. 2019] (online) Available from
- Amitriptyline. Princeton: Sandoz Inc; 2014. [Accessed on 19 Mar. 2019] (online) Available from
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Amitriptyline. [Updated 2018 Oct 31]. [Accessed 19 Feb. 2020] (online) Available from: