By TABLETS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ambrolite 30 MG Description
Ambrolite tablet is used to provide relief from cough associated with mucous in a respiratory problem such as asthma and bronchitis. It contains ambroxol as its active ingredient. It is an antitussiv
e medicine that reduces the viscosity of mucous or loosens it up within the airways, thus makes breathing easy. Ambrolite tablets should be used with caution in patients with stomach ulcers. Ambrolite tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹4.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Cough with mucus|
|Side effects||Altered taste, numbness in throat and mouth, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Ambroxol(30.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ambrolite Tablet
- Mucolite 30mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 43.92₹ 37.33₹ 3.73/Tablet
- Ambrodil 30mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 28.10₹ 23.889.47% CHEAPER₹ 2.39/Tablet
Uses of Ambrolite 30 MG
Ambrolite tablet is used to provide relief from the cough along with mucous in respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis.
Contraindications of Ambrolite 30 MG
If you are allergic to ambroxol or any ingredients of Ambrolite tablet.
Side effects of Ambrolite 30 MG
- Altered taste
- Numbness in throat and mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Ambrolite 30 MG
Can I take the Ambrolite tablet during pregnancy?
Ambrolite tablet is not advisable to be taken during the first trimester of pregnancy.Hence, it is recommended not to use this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Ambrolite tablet while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into the breastmilk and can be harmful to the baby. Thus, it is recommended to avoid breastfeeding while on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ambrolite tablet?
This medicine does not inhibit your ability to drive; however, do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ambrolite tablet?
Although there are no known interactions of alcohol along with Ambrolite tablet. So it is important to consult your physician if, you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disorders, fits, any hereditary disorder, stomach ulcers etc.
- You experience any kind of allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have secretion-related problems.
- It should not be given to children below six years of age unless prescribed by the doctor.
- You have recently taken any other medicine containing the same ingredient.
Mode of Action of Ambrolite 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Ambroxol acts by increasing the synthesis and release of surfactants in our respiratory system which decrease the ability of mucous to stick to the wall of airways. This makes breathing easy.
Directions for Use of Ambrolite 30 MG
- Take this medicine according to your doctor's prescription.
- This medicine is for oral use only.
- Take it only in the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with water.
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine.
- Check its expiry date before using it.
Interactions of Ambrolite 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Ambrolite tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Taking Ambrolite tablet while already being on an antibiotic medication may increase the action of antibiotics.
Storage and disposal of Ambrolite 30 MG
- Keep this medicine away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine post its expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperature not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius.
- This medicine does not need any special storage conditions.
Dosage of Ambrolite 30 MG
If you happen to take too much of Ambrolite tablet, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
This medicine must be taken as per the prescribed dosage. In case of a missed dose, it is advisable to take this medicine at the earliest. If it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dosing schedule....
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ambrolite tablet be given to children?
A: This medicine is for the use of adults and children above 12 years of age. Consult your doctor for more details about the same.
Q: Is this medicine available in other forms?
A: Yes, this medicine is also available in the form of syrup for oral consumption, mostly for the use of pediatric patients.
Q: For how long can I use the Ambrolite tablet?
A: You should take this medicine as long as recommended by your doctor. This medicine should not be taken continuously for more than 14 days unless it is recommended by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Ambrolite table for dry cough?
A: No, Ambrolite table should not be used for dry cough. It is used to treat the cough with mucous.
- Ambroxol Sandoz 30 mg tablets [Internet]. Ravimiregister.ee. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Respiratory System Drugs: 218-233.
- Ambroxol: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- AMBROLITE S BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- AMBROLITE SYRUP 100ML
- AMBROLITE D BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- AMBROLITE D PLUS BOTTLE OF 60ML SYRUP
- AMBROLITE 2S BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- AMBROLITE S SF BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- AMBROLITE D SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- AMBROLITE ST TABLETS
- AMBROLITE D BOTTLE OF 60ML SYRUP
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed