Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml is a combination of two medicinal components, namely Ambroxol and Salbutamol. It is an expectorant. It clears the mucus and reduces cough and congestion due to infection and swelling in the respiratory tract. To avoid the side effects, carefully follow the instruction given by your doctor or pharmacist. Use a proper measuring spoon or cup for dispensing exact quantities. You should not stop taking this medicine on your own even though the symptoms subside.
Uses of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml is a cough expectorant used to relieve symptoms such as cough and congestion due to various respiratory tract infections or inflammation.
Contraindications of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
If you are allergic to Ambroxol, Salbutamol, or any other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Increased appetite
- Increased heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Can I take Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml during pregnancy?
Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml should not be taken during pregnancy as it can lead to disabilities in the unborn baby. Please inform your doctor if you happen to conceive while you are on this medicine. Consult your doctor for more information on the associated risk of this medicine when used during pregnancy.
Can I take Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml while breastfeeding?
Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml passed into breast milk and may cause harm to the baby. Hence, it should be avoided during breastfeeding. Your doctor may prescribe you this syrup if the mother's treatment benefits outweigh the risk to a breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml?
Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml may make you dizzy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml?
There is limited information about the effects of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml with alcohol. You should consult your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have stomach ulcers or diabetes
- You have increased blood pressure or heart diseases
- You have a history of treatment for fits
- You have thyroid disease due to a decrease in thyroid hormones
- You have glaucoma or asthma
- You are taking any other medicine to treat your cough or cold
- You develop any serious skin allergy after taking this medicine
- It should also be avoided if you are having labour pains or about to deliver as it can interfere with the process of delivery
- Even though this medicine opens up the airway, very rarely a person may feel choking sensation after consuming it, in this case, it is necessary to visit a medical facility immediately
Mode of Action of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml acts on the inner lining of the respiratory tract and its acts via two different mechanisms.
- Ambroxol in the syrup causes an increase in the secretions of the respiratory tract. It helps in the loosening of thick mucous and facilitates its removal. Mucus is removed through coughing it out and thus improves cough and congestion.read less
- Salbutamol acts on the muscles of the airway and causes their relaxation. It causes the airway to open up (dilate) and improves airflow reducing the difficulty in breathing. It also inhibits the release of substances, causing allergy, reducing secretions, reducing cough, and blocking the airway.read less
Directions for Use of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Take Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml as instructed by your doctor
- Shake the bottle well before use
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
- If the cough persists for more than 14 days, contact your physician at the earliest
Interactions of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml with other medicines. However, as Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml contains Ambroxol & Salbutamol, any interactions are seen with these two alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Simultaneous use of cough suppressant with Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100mlmay effect removal of liquified mucus by inhibiting coughing and cause congestion (stuffy nose).
- Concentrations of antibiotics like Amoxycillin, Cefuroxime, and Erythromycin are increased in the sputum when taken simultaneously with Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml can increase the side effects.
- You may experience chest pain, palpitations, shakiness of hands, nervousness, rise or fall of blood pressure if you use Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100mlwith medicines like Phenylephrine, Levosalbutamol, Terbutaline, Arformoterol, Salmeterol, which are used in asthma, bronchitis and with Xylometazoline, which is used as a nasal decongestantread less
- Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml should be avoided if you are taking psychiatric illness medicines like Imipramine, Trimipramine, Rasagiline, Selegiline, which are used to treat psychiatric illness. When used with Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml, these medicines can cause high blood pressure, increased heartbeats or palpitations, and shakiness.read less
- High blood pressure medicines like Propranolol, Timolol can oppose the action of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100mland can cause narrowing of the airway and make breathing difficult.
- Water pills or medicines that increase urination and are used to treat high blood pressure can cause heart rate changes when taken simultaneously with Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml.
- There should be caution in the use of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml if you are already having Digoxin, which is used to treat heart failure.
Storage and disposal of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Store Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml below 30°C, protected from sunlight and moisture
- Keep away from reach of children and pets
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicines no longer required
Dosage of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Symptoms of overdose are fits, chest pain, rise or fall in blood pressure, increased heartbeats, nervousness, headache, tremors, dryness in mouth, nausea, dizziness, weakness, sleeplessness, and heart attack (rare cases).read less
- If you think you have taken too much of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml or experience these symptoms after starting this medicine, contact your treating physician immediately or visit the nearest hospital.read less
Missed a Dose
You should remember to take doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect. If you forget to take a dose, it should be taken as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time for your next dose. In this case, you should skip the missed dose and take the remaining dose as per the schedule. You should avoid taking a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How will I come to know that I have an allergy to Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml?
A: If you have developed skin lesions, rashes, itchiness, difficulty in breathing, or eye swelling immediately or shortly after consuming this syrup, it may be due Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml.
Q: Can i consume Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml if I have cough due to smoking?
A: Yes, you can use this syrup for cough due to smoking. However, you should avoid smoking if you have a persistent cough due to smoking and consult a doctor for any underlying disease.
Q: Can I consume Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml in diabetes?
A: Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100mlcan raise blood sugar. Hence, it is advised to consult your physician before using it in diabetes.
Q: Is Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml is an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml is not an antibiotic. Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100mlhelps in the smooth expulsion of mucus through coughing and opening the airway.
Q: Is Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml habit forming?
A: No, Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml is not habit-forming. However, it is advised that this syrup should not be used more than the prescribed time. It also should not be used to treat any type of cough without the consultation of a doctor.
Q: For how many days should Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml be continued?
A: In any case, Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml should not be continued for more than 14 days without consulting your treating physician. If productive cough persists for more than 14 days, it is necessary to search for other causes of cough.
Q: Will Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml make me sleepy?
A: Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml in itself does not contain substances that can make you feel sleepy. However, if you have been prescribed multiple medicines, it is better to ask your doctor in advance about the medications that can make you sleepy.
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: You should not use this syrup for children without consulting a child health specialist who will also decide the dosage to be given.
Q: What if one stops taking Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml?
A: If Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100mlis stopped before the prescribed time, this may affect this medicine's effectiveness and may lead to cough not being cured. Also, it is advisable not to start consuming Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml without having a proper consultation with a physician.
Q: When will I not be allowed to take Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml?
A: Usually, if a patient is known to have an allergy to Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100mlor if he/she complains of dry cough, then the treating physician will not advise taking Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml. Additionally, a female who is pregnant for less than 7 months or who is having labour pain, or about to deliver or a lactating mother would be instructed by her doctor not to use Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml, even if she has a cough with sputum production.
- GSK. Ambrolex. PI. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- Dailymed. Albuterol Syrup. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- Medscape. Albuterol. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals. Product page. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Ambroxol/Salbutamol. [Accessed on 23.Sep.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved