Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml Description
Ambrodil-S Plus syrup is an expectorant. It clears the mucous and reduces cough and congestion due to infection and swelling in the respiratory tract. This syrup is a combination medicine containing
ambroxol and salbutamol. To avoid the side effects, carefully follow the instruction given by your doctor or pharmacist. Use a proper measuring spoon or cup for dispensing exact quantities. You should complete the treatment and not stop taking the Ambrodil-S Plus syrup on your own even though the symptoms subside.
|You Save||₹4.96 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ambroxol(15.0 Mg) + Salbutamol / Albuterol(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of Respiratory tract disorders associated with mucus|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, increased appetite, nausea, vomiting, headache|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Contraindications of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Side effects of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Increased appetite
- Increased heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have stomach ulcers or diabetes
- You have increased blood pressure or heart diseases
- You have a history of treatment for fits
- You have thyroid disease due to a decrease in thyroid hormones
- You have glaucoma or asthma
- You are taking any other medicine to treat your cough or cold
- You develop any serious skin allergy after taking this medicine
- It should also be avoided if you are having labour pains or about to deliver as it can interfere with the process of delivery
- Even though this medicine opens up the airway, very rarely a person may feel choking sensation after consuming it, in this case, it is necessary to visit a medical facility immediately
Mode of Action of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Ambrodil-S Plus syrup acts on the inner lining of the respiratory tract and its acts via two different mechanisms.
- Ambroxol in the syrup causes an increase in the secretions of the respiratory tract. It helps in the loosening of thick mucous and facilitates its removal. Mucus is removed through coughing it out and thus improves cough and congestion....
- Salbutamol acts on the muscles of the airway and causes their relaxation. It causes the airway to open up (dilate) and improves airflow reducing the difficulty in breathing. It also inhibits the release of substances, causing allergy, reducing secretions, reducing cough, and blocking the airway....
Directions for Use of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Take Ambrodil-S Plus syrup as instructed by your doctor
- Shake the bottle well before use
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
- If the cough persists for more than 14 days, contact your physician at the earliest
Interactions of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Ambrodil-S Plus syrup with other medicines. However, as Ambrodil-S Plus syrup contains Ambroxol & Salbutamol, any interactions are seen with these two alone may occur with this combination....
- Simultaneous use of cough suppressant with Ambrodil-S Plus syrupmay effect removal of liquified mucus by inhibiting coughing and cause congestion (stuffy nose).
- Concentrations of antibiotics like Amoxycillin, Cefuroxime, and Erythromycin are increased in the sputum when taken simultaneously with Ambrodil-S Plus syrup can increase the side effects.
- You may experience chest pain, palpitations, shakiness of hands, nervousness, rise or fall of blood pressure if you use Ambrodil-S Plus syrupwith medicines like Phenylephrine, Levosalbutamol, Terbutaline, Arformoterol, Salmeterol, which are used in asthma, bronchitis and with Xylometazoline, which is used as a nasal decongestant...
- Ambrodil-S Plus syrup should be avoided if you are taking psychiatric illness medicines like Imipramine, Trimipramine, Rasagiline, Selegiline, which are used to treat psychiatric illness. When used with Ambrodil-S Plus syrup, these medicines can cause high blood pressure, increased heartbeats or palpitations, and shakiness....
- High blood pressure medicines like Propranolol, Timolol can oppose the action of Ambrodil-S Plus syrupand can cause narrowing of the airway and make breathing difficult.
- Water pills or medicines that increase urination and are used to treat high blood pressure can cause heart rate changes when taken simultaneously with Ambrodil-S Plus syrup.
- There should be caution in the use of Ambrodil-S Plus syrup if you are already having Digoxin, which is used to treat heart failure.
Storage and disposal of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Store Ambrodil-S Plus syrup below 30°C, protected from sunlight and moisture
- Keep away from reach of children and pets
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicines no longer required
Dosage of Ambrodil S Plus Syrup 100ml
- Symptoms of overdose are fits, chest pain, rise or fall in blood pressure, increased heartbeats, nervousness, headache, tremors, dryness in mouth, nausea, dizziness, weakness, sleeplessness, and heart attack (rare cases)....
- If you think you have taken too much of Ambrodil-S Plus syrup or experience these symptoms after starting this medicine, contact your treating physician immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How will I come to know that I have an allergy to Ambrodil-S Plus syrup?
Q: Can i consume Ambrodil-S Plus syrup if I have cough due to smoking?
Q: Can I consume Ambrodil-S Plus syrup in diabetes?
Q: Is Ambrodil-S Plus syrup is an antibiotic medicine?
Q: Is Ambrodil-S Plus syrup habit forming?
Q: For how many days should Ambrodil-S Plus syrup be continued?
Q: Will Ambrodil-S Plus syrup make me sleepy?
Q: Is it safe for children?
Q: What if one stops taking Ambrodil-S Plus syrup?
Q: When will I not be allowed to take Ambrodil-S Plus syrup?
Q: Is Ambrodil S plus syrup an antibiotic?
- GSK. Ambrolex. PI. [Internet]. [Cited 16 May 2022]
- Dailymed - Albuterol Syrup [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Albuterol dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Product page [Internet]. Aristopharma.org. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Ambroxol/Salbutamol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]