Almax 0.25mg Tablets
Almax 0.25 MG Description
Almax 0.25 mg tablet is used for anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety associated with depression. The active ingredient in Almax 0.25 mg tablets is Alprazolam. Almax belongs to the tranqui
lliser class of medications, which enhances the inhibitory effect of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter or brain chemical between nerve cells, and brings about mental sedation, muscle relaxation, and calmness. The doctor’s directions for use of Almax 0.25 mg tablets should be strictly followed. It is contraindicated in persons with glaucoma, liver failure, sleep apnea, or suicidal tendencies. This medicine should not be used alone to treat depression as it may increase the risk of suicide. Its safety and efficacy in adolescents under 18 are not known. Alcohol should be avoided while on treatment with Almax 0.25 mg tablets as it may cause profound sedation and breathing difficulties. Tea, coffee, and other caffeinated products like energy drinks should be avoided as well, as they can neutralise the calmness produced by this medicine. Almax 0.25 mg tablets interact with certain medicines such as strong painkillers like Tramadol, Fentanyl, and Methadone and cause respiratory depression and severe sedation. Side effects of Almax 0.25 mg tablets include drowsiness, lightheadedness, dry mouth, decreased appetite, increased sleepiness, and sedation.
|You Save||₹1.81 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorders, Panic disorders, Anxiety associated with depression|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Lightheadedness, Dry mouth, Decreased appetite, Increased sleepiness, Sedation|
Uses of Almax 0.25 MG
- According to CDSCO, Almax 0.25 mg tablets are used to treat:
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic disorders
- Anxiety associated with depression
Contraindications of Almax 0.25 MG
- Avoid Almax 0.25 mg tablets:
- If you are allergic to Alprazolam
- If you have severe respiratory insufficiency
- If you have liver impairment or failure
- If you have myasthenia gravis
- If you have sleep apnea
- If you have suicidal tendencies
- If you have glaucoma
Side effects of Almax 0.25 MG
- Side effects of Almax 0.25 mg tablets include:
- Dry mouth
- Decreased appetite
- Increased sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Almax 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking this tablet.
- You have difficulty breathing.
- You have blurred vision.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You develop yellowing of the skin, abdominal pain, or nausea and vomiting after starting this tablet.
Mode of Action of Almax 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Almax 0.25 MG
- Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
- Take this tablet orally with a glass of water.
- Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- You should take Almax 0.25 mg tablets before meals at the same time each day to avoid missing a dose.
- Do not take more or less of it, or take it more frequently than prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your prescription with anyone else.
- During your treatment, refrain from drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes.
- This tablet can cause low blood pressure, so when you get up from a lying position, you may experience lightheadedness and faintness. To solve this issue, slowly rise from your bed, resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing....
Interactions of Almax 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Almax 0.25 mg tablets may interact with certain medicines. Therefore, it is critical that you inform your consulting physician about any medications you take.
- Strong painkillers like Tramadol, Fentanyl, and Methadone can cause severe breathing problems and severe sedation when co-administered with Almax 0.25 mg tablets.
- Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole and Itraconazole can decrease the clearance of Almax 0.25 mg tablets and thus increase its level in the blood.
- Antivirals like Ritonavir can decrease the clearance of Almax 0.25 mg tablets and thus increase its level in the blood.
- Medicine levels of antidepressants like Sertraline and Fluoxetine increase when co-administered with Almax 0.25 mg tablets.
- In older adults, medicine for heart failure like Digoxin should not be co-administered with Almax 0.25 mg tablets as the combination can result in toxicity.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid tea, coffee, and other caffeinated products like energy drinks as they can neutralise the calmness produced by Almax 0.25 mg tablets.
Storage and disposal of Almax 0.25 MG
Dosage of Almax 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time will it take for this tablet to start showing results?
Q: Can I take this tablet with Tramadol?
Q: Can I take this tablet if I have kidney or liver issues?
- New Drugs Approved by CSSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022] -
- Drugs H. Alprazolam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -
- Xanax Tablets 250 micrograms: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -
- XANAX: Alprazolam tablet [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -
- Alprazolam [Internet]. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -
- XANAX: Alprazolam tablet [Internet]. accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -
- New Zealand Dta Sheet: XANAX [Internet]. medsafe.govt.nz. 2022 [cited 8 March 2022] -