Allegra 180mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Allegra 180 Tablet is an anti-allergic medicine containing Fexofenadine as its active ingredient. It is used for the management of symptoms of hives and allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, redness and swelling. Allegra 180 Tablet works by blocking the effect of Histamine, which is a chemical responsible for allergic reaction. Thus, it controls the allergic symptoms. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Fexofenadine. This medicine should not be used in patients below 12 years of age.
Uses of Allegra 180mg Tablet
- Allegra 180 tablet is used to treat allergic rhinitis (symptoms include watery eyes, runny or blocked nose, itching and sneezing).
- It is also used to manage symptoms of allergic reactions like itching, swelling and rashes.
Contraindications of Allegra 180mg Tablet
If you have an allergy to Fexofenadine or any other ingredients of Allegra 180 tablet.
Side effects of Allegra 180mg Tablet
- Tiredness or sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Allegra 180mg Tablet
Can I take Allegra 180 Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Allegra 180 tablet, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Allegra 180 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Fexofenadine passes into breastmilk. Therefore, it is advised not to take Allegra 180 tablets while breastfeeding unless your doctor has suggested it to you.
Can I drive if I have consumed Allegra 180 Tablet?
Allegra 180 tablet does not have any effect on the ability to drive or use machines. However, caution is advised while driving or doing anything that requires concentration, as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Allegra 180 Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol in excess along with Allegra 180 tablets, as it can increase the side effects like sleepiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any heart disease as this medicine is known to increase your heartbeats
- You are suffering from any liver disease
- You have problems with your kidney
- You are above 60 years of age
Mode of Action of Allegra 180mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a chemical substance produced in the body in case of allergies. It causes itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Allegra 180 tablet blocks the effect of Histamine and controls allergic symptoms.
Directions for Use of Allegra 180mg Tablet
Allegra 180 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Allegra 180mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Allegra 180 tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin and antifungals such as Ketoconazole.
- Acidity medicines should be taken two hours before taking Allegra 180 Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Allegra 180mg Tablet
- Store Allegra 180 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Allegra 180mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Allegra 180 tablets are dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and dry mouth. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Allegra 180 tablets?
- You should not use Allegra 180 tablet if you are allergic to it.
- Ask your doctor if it is safe for you to take this medicine if you have any specific medical condition.
- Also, mention all the prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking to your doctor before starting this medication.
Q: How long does it take for Allegra 180 tablet to start acting, and how long does its effect last?
A: The effect of this medication starts approximately within one hour of taking this medicine and lasts for at least 24 hours. However, this can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and metabolism.
Q: How many Allegra 180 tablets can I take in a day?
- Your doctor will decide the dose and duration of the Allegra 180 tablet after accessing the underlying cause and severity of the allergic condition.
- Do not self-medicate this medicine and complete the course of treatment for better results.
Q: Can Allegra 180 tablets be used in a 12-year child?
A: Yes, Allegra 180 tablet can be used by a kid of 12 years of age and over if prescribed by a doctor.
Q: Is Allegra 180 tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Allegra 180 tablet is an anti-allergic medicine used for the management of allergic symptoms of rhinitis and hives.
Last Updated on: 17 Nov 2020 | 03:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved