Alerid Syp 60ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alerid Syrup contains Cetirizine. It is used to provide relief from various allergic conditions characterized by a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, fever, rash, sinus, common cold. It is an anti-allergic medicine belonging to the anti-histamine class of medicine. Cetirizine blocks histamine is a natural chemical substance responsible for allergic conditions. This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age and also in patients with kidney disease. The dose of Alerid Syrup varies in children based on their age group. The common side effects of this medicine are dizziness, sleepiness, drowsiness thus avoid driving and operating machinery. If these symptoms worsen or remain persistent, inform your doctor or visit a nearby clinic.
Uses of Alerid Syp 60ml
Alerid Syrup is used to treat allergic conditions such as dust or pet allergies characterized by sneezing, itchy, runny or blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin, insect bite and hives.
Contraindications of Alerid Syp 60ml
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any other component of Alerid Syrup
- If you have severe kidney disease
Side effects of Alerid Syp 60ml
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Alerid Syp 60ml
Can I take Alerid Syrup during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to take Alerid Syrup, unless advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Alerid Syrup while breastfeeding?
Alerid Syrup passes into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding, unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alerid Syrup?
Alerid Syrup is known to cause sleepiness, dizziness. If you experience these symptoms you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Alerid Syrup?
You should avoid alcohol consumption along with Alerid Syrup as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problem
- You have bladder problems; this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention
- You have history of fits (epilepsy)
- Alerid Syrup should not be used in children below 2 years of age
Mode of Action of Alerid Syp 60ml
How Does It Work?
Alerid Syrup works by blocking the release of histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Alerid Syp 60ml
- Take Alerid Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Alerid Syp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- The effectiveness of Alerid Syrup may increase or decrease when other medicines are taken at the same time.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Alerid Syp 60ml
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alerid Syp 60ml
- Overdose of Alerid Syrup may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Alerid Syrup?
- Yes, Alerid Syrup is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine.
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Is Alerid Syrup an antibiotic?
A: No, Alerid Syrup is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-allergic medicine belonging to anti-histamine group of medicine, used to provide relief from allergic conditions.
Q: Can Alerid Syrup be given to a 3 years old child?
A: Yes, Alerid Syrup can be given to children aged 2 years and above. But the dose varies based on the age of the child. Thus, do not self medicate your child. Always consult a pediatrician or your doctor before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Is Alerid Syrup useful for cold?
A: Yes, cold is an allergic condition. Thus, Alerid Syrup is useful to provide relief from cold.
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 11:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved