Adoxi 80mg Injection
Adoxi 80 MG Description
Adoxi Injection is an anticancer medicine. It is used to treat breast, head and neck, lungs, prostate and stomach cancer. It is used alone or in combination with other anti-cancer medicines. The acti
ve ingredient present is docetaxel. This medicine is an injection and it will be given/administered by the doctor in a healthcare set-up.
Uses of Adoxi 80 MG
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Head and neck cancer
Contraindications of Adoxi 80 MG
- You have an allergy to the ingredients or their components.
- You have a low white blood cell count, if you are not sure, ask the doctor.
- You have a history of liver disease.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Adoxi 80 MG
- Hair loss
- Swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Adoxi 80 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from liver disease, alcoholism or seizures.
- You have a kidney-related problem of a high level of uric acid in the body.
- You have been treated with a medicine-paclitaxel and experienced an allergic reaction.
- You are already on other anti-cancer medications.
- You have a low white blood cell count.
- You experience serious skin problems like peeling, rashes, flu-like symptoms, blisters etc.
- You experience abnormal swellings due to excess accumulation of fluid in the body, pain, tingling, or burning in the hands and feet, skin rashes, etc. after taking the injection. Inform the doctor immediately....
Mode of Action of Adoxi 80 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Adoxi 80 MG
Interactions of Adoxi 80 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines affect the way Adoxi Injection works, or Adoxi Injection itself affects the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Especially if you are antibiotics, antifungals, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines, etc....
Storage and disposal of Adoxi 80 MG
Dosage of Adoxi 80 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Adoxi Injection works?
Q: How Adoxi Injection is given?
- The medicine comes in a form of injection, it will be given in the hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection or infusion.
- Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
- If unusual symptoms occur after taking the injection, inform the doctor immediately.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- [Internet]. Products.sanofi.ca. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Docetaxel 20 mg/ml concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]