Ad 100mg Capsule
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
AD 100 mg capsule is used for the treatment of acute diarrhoea (sudden diarrhoea which lasts for less than 2 weeks). It contains racecadotril as its main component. It acts on the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and reduces secretions, this results in controlling diarrhoea. It is not meant to be used for diarrhoea associated with antibiotic use. If diarrhoea persists for more than 7 days, consult your doctor. AD 100 mg capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ad 100mg Capsule
Uses of Ad 100 MG
AD 100 mg capsule is used to treat acute diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Ad 100 MG
If you are allergic to racecadotril or any of the ingredient of AD 100 mg capsule.
Side effects of Ad 100 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Ad 100 MG
Can I take AD 100 mg capsule during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before taking AD 100 mg capsule during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available in pregnant women.
Can I take AD 100 mg capsule while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before taking AD 100 mg capsule while breastfeeding as there is limited safety data available in breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed AD 100 mg capsule?
AD 100 mg capsule may cause dizziness, thus you need to be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with AD 100 mg capsule?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with AD 100 mg capsule. It is important to consult your physician if you consume alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with liver or kidneys.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea due to the use of antibiotics.
- You develop any skin reactions.
- You have fever or notice blood in your stools.
- You have prolonged or uncontrolled vomiting.
Mode of Action of Ad 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Racecadotril works by decreasing the excessive secretion of water and electrolytes from the intestine in the lumen. This helps minimize the number of motions and fluid loss through diarrhoea.
Directions for Use of Ad 100 MG
- AD 100 mg capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, preferably before meal.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine for more than 7 days
Interactions of Ad 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way AD 100 mg capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure....
- Concomitant use along with antihypertensive medicines like captopril, enalapril, lisinopril should be avoided as they can interfere with the activity of each other
Storage and disposal of Ad 100 MG
- Store AD 100 mg capsules at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of the sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ad 100 MG
If you think you have taken too much of AD 100 mg capsule or you experience any undesirable effects, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of AD 100 mg capsule take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is AD 100 mg capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, AD 100 mg capsule is not an antibiotic. It is used in the treatment of acute diarrhoea.
Q: Any precautions I need to take during treatment with AD 100 mg capsule?
A: Yes, you need to tell your doctor if you experience persistent diarrhoea or vomiting, you notice pus or blood in your stool or any other undesirable effects you experience while on treatment with AD 100 mg capsule.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.