Acutret 10mg Capsule
Acutret 10 MG Description
Acutret Capsule contains isotretinoin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat severe acne (pimples) that haven’t responded to other treatments. Take Acutret Capsule as instructed by the doctor.
Avoid being exposed to sunlight for too long. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid self-medication and do not recommend the medicine to others even if they are having the same symptoms. Always discuss with your physician if you have any medical condition including any other skin problems.
Uses of Acutret 10 MG
Contraindications of Acutret 10 MG
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any other ingredients of Acutret Capsule.
- If you have high blood cholesterol.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have high levels of vitamin A in your body.
- If you are taking tetracyclines like chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline (antibiotic).
Side effects of Acutret 10 MG
- Dry skin
- Back pain
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Acutret 10 MG
- Acutret Capsule must be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue the medicine immediately and consult your doctor.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 1 month after the final dose. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine....
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver, kidney, heart, intestines.
- You have any problems with your mental health.
- You have diabetes, this medicine may increase your blood sugar.
- You are pregnant or may become pregnant or plan to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You should not take vitamin A supplements while taking Acutret Capsule
- You should not donate blood while on treatment for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- You should not have cosmetic procedures like waxing, laser for at least 6 months after the final dose.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- This medicine may increase your blood cholesterol, you should avoid drinking alcohol.
- Acutret Capsule should not be given to children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Acutret 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acutret 10 MG
- Take Acutret Capsule as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Acutret 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Acutret Capsule.
- You may be at the risk of developing high levels of Vitamin A in your body when taken along with Vitamin A supplements. You should not take them concurrently.
- You may develop high blood pressure when taken along with tetracycline to treat an infection. You should not take them concurrently.
- Concurrent use of this medicine with other creams and ointments like benzoyl peroxide, tazarotene, azelaic acid, tretinoin, should be avoided.
Interactions with food items
- Acutret Capsule should be taken with or after having your food.
Storage and disposal of Acutret 10 MG
- Store Acutret Capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Acutret 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Acutret Capsule on my own?
Q: Does Acutret Capsule make your skin dry?
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
- Isotretinoin 10 mg soft capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2021]