Actopred 1gm Injection
Actopred 1 G Description
Actopred Injection is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. It contains methylprednisolone, which belongs to the class of medicines called steroid
s, as its active ingredient. This medicine should be used under the medical supervision of doctors or nurses. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop this medicine abruptly otherwise, it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. Before using Actopred Injection, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹90.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(1.0 G)|
|Side effects||Increased risk of infection, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Uses of Actopred 1 G
- Actopred Injection is used for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs.
- It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies.
Contraindications of Actopred 1 G
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any serious fungal infection, such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any antibiotics or antiviral medicine to treat that infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination schedule.
- If you have a blood disorder such as decreased platelet count (thrombocytopenic purpura).
- If this medicine is to be administered into the spine.
Side effects of Actopred 1 G
- Increase risk of infections
- Fluid retention
- Mood disorders
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Eye disorders
- Delayed wound healing
- Muscle weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Actopred 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop cataracts.
- You are elderly, you have heart problems, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have any infections like a fungal infection, or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. Discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Actopred 1 G
How Does It Work?
- Actopred Injection is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness.
- Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergic conditions, inflammation and other reaction during organ transplantation. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Actopred 1 G
- Actopred Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Actopred 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Actopred Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Concomitant use of immunosuppressants like ciclosporin and tacrolimus along with this medicine may increase the risk of side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as distigmine, neostigmine, and pancuronium, if taken along with the ((name}}, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Actopred 1 G
- Store Actopred Injection at room temperature and away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Actopred 1 G
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Actopred Injection on my own?
Q: Can I take vaccinations during treatment with Actopred Injection?
- Depo-Medrone 40mg/ml Suspension for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- SOLU-MEDROL® Injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]