Acton Or 1gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
By APEX LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acton Or 1 G Description
Acton-OR tablet is a painkiller used to treat fever, pain, and aches. It contains paracetamol/acetaminophen as its main ingredient that works by blocking the formation of certain chemicals responsibl
e for fever and pain. You should not take more than four tablets of Acton-OR tablet in 24 hours. If you feel that your pain and fever are relieved, do not take it further. Individuals with liver and kidney problems should seek medical advice before taking this medicine. Acton-OR tablet is not meant for children under 12 years of age.
|You Save||₹7.58 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(1.0 G)|
|Uses||Pain and fever|
|Side effects||Skin rash, itching, blisters, allergies|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(1.0 G)
Uses of Acton Or 1 G
Acton-OR tablet is used to treat and provide relief from fever, pain, and ache.
Contraindications of Acton Or 1 G
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any other ingredient of Acton-OR tablet.
- If you are taking any other products containing paracetamol.
Side effects of Acton Or 1 G
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Acton Or 1 G
Can I take Acton-OR tablet during pregnancy?
Acton-OR tablet can be used during pregnancy only if the doctor recommends it. However, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Acton-OR tablet while breastfeeding?
Acton-OR tablet may pass into human breast milk. Acton-OR tablet should only be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acton-OR tablet?
There is limited information available on the effect of Acton-OR tablet on driving ability. If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Acton-OR tablet?
There is limited information regarding the interaction of alcohol with Acton-OR tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Acton-OR tablet. However, there is a risk of overdose in chronic alcoholics (people who drink too often or cannot abstain from drinking) with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol. Taking too much paracetamol can cause liver damage.
- You consume alcohol too often or are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- You should maintain a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose of Acton-OR tablet and should not exceed it to more than 4-tablets a day.
Mode of Action of Acton Or 1 G
How Does It Work?
- Acton-OR tablet is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID) that blocks the action of a chemical called cyclooxygenase (COX). Cyclooxygenase is responsible for the formation of certain substances in the body called prostaglandins that cause pain, fever, and inflammation. ...
- Acton-OR tablet also acts on the area of the brain responsible for controlling body temperature and brings down the temperature of the body in fever.
Directions for Use of Acton Or 1 G
- Take Acton-OR tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Acton Or 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acton-OR tablet works, or Acton-OR tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone should be avoided with Acton-OR tablets.
- Frequent use of Acton-OR tablet by a person on blood thinners like warfarin can increase the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours as it can interfere with the painkiller action of Acton-OR tablet.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Acton Or 1 G
- Store Acton-OR tablet in a cool and dry place below 25°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Acton Or 1 G
An overdose of Acton-OR tablet may result in severe liver damage. Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and stomach ache. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Acton-OR tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one. Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between one dose and the next dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Acton-OR tablet be used for a headache?
A: Yes, Acton-OR tablet can be used for providing relief from headaches. However, if you get the headaches too often and there is not much relief in the headache after taking this medicine, consult your doctor.
Q: Can I give Acton-OR tablet to a five-year-old child?
A: No, Acton-OR tablet is not meant for use in children below 12 years of age.
Q: Can Acton-OR tablet be used during pregnancy?
A: Acton-OR tablet can be taken during pregnancy under medical supervision. A pregnant woman should avoid taking Acton-OR tablet too often and for prolonged durations.
Q: Can I take Acton-OR tablet for cold and fever?
A: You can take Acton-OR tablet for reducing fever. However, Acton-OR tablet may not have any action in reducing cold as cold usually occurs due to a viral infection.
Q: What are the uses of Acton-OR tablet?
A: Acton-OR tablet is used to relieve fever and mild-to-moderate pain. It is also used to provide relief from headaches, toothaches, migraine, period pain, and other painful conditions.
Q: Acton-OR tablet vs Crocin, what are the differences?
A: Acton-OR tablet contains paracetamol 650 mg and is generally used to treat fever and body pain. Crocin tablet also contains paracetamol in different doses. Both medicines contain the same active ingredient, which is paracetamol.
Q: Any general warnings, I should be aware of about Acton-OR tablet?
- Be careful if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or an alcoholic, as Acton-OR tablet is known to cause severe liver damage in case of an overdose. Caution is needed for the elderly as well....
- Acton-OR tablet should be used in low doses and for the shortest duration possible.
- You should avoid taking this medicine when the symptoms of pain and fever disappear.
- You should not take Acton-OR tablet while taking any other medicines containing paracetamol.
Q: Can Acton-OR tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
- Acton-OR tablet can be taken with or without food. However, you should always take this medicine as recommended by your doctor and for the shortest duration possible, or till your symptoms disappear.
Q: Can I take 2 Acton-OR tablets at the same time?
- You should always take Acton-OR tablet as per your doctor's instructions. Also, you should not take more than 4 tablets of this medicine in a day and you should maintain a gap of 4-6 hours between each dose of Acton-OR tablet....
Q: Is Acton-OR tablet and paracetamol the same?
- Yes, Acton-OR tablet contains paracetamol as its active component.
- Anadin- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 2022Apr01]
- Anadin- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 2022Apr01]
- Paracetamol- NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 2022Apr01]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022Apr01]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed