Acicon 40mg Tablet
Acicon 40 MG Description
Acicon Tablet contains famotidine an antacid medicine. It works by blocking the secretion of excess gastric acid thereby reducing the amount of acid in the stomach. Acicon Tablet is used to treat pep
tic ulcers, heartburn, and abnormal acid production in the stomach. This medicine can be taken with or without food. One should not break, crush or chew the medicine.
Uses of Acicon 40 MG
Contraindications of Acicon 40 MG
Side effects of Acicon 40 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Acicon 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly person with kidney problems, may experience symptoms like confusion, hallucinations, fits or altered mental state, laziness, etc.
- You have a kidney problem, the doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You may develop a risk of stomach cancer.
Mode of Action of Acicon 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acicon 40 MG
- Take Acicon Tablet orally as instructed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acicon 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Acicon Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- Medicines that can affect the absorption of this medicine are Fosamprenavir, Atazanavir and Rilpivirine used to treat HIV, Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir to treat Hepatitis C, Erlotinib, Nilotinib, Dasatinib to treat cancer....
- If Tizanidine is used along with Acicon Tablet, can cause a drop in blood pressure, low heartbeat, or drowsiness.
- Other medicines are Delavirdine mesylate to treat HIV, Cefditoren (antibiotic) and Antibiotics like Itraconazole or Ketoconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Acicon 40 MG
- Store Famtac tablets below 25°C
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Acicon 40 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Famtac, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.