Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen is used to treat moderate to severe pain.
It belongs to a class of medicines called analgesics. It inhibits the production of chemical which is responsible for pain (prostaglandins). Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen is available in the form of tablet, capsule, ampoule.
Uses of Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen is used for the treatment of moderate-to-severe pain.
Contraindications of Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
When should one not use Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
- If you are allergic to tramadol, paracetamol or similar medicines
- If you are suffering from any liver problem
- If you are suffering from epilepsy or fits which is not under control by your current treatment
- If you have a history of acute poisoning with sleeping pills, alcohol, painkillers or medicines that affect mood
- If you are taking certain medicines for the treatment of depression or Parkinson’s disease
Side effects of Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Injection site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Can I take tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen during pregnancy?
Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen should not be used during pregnancy, thus consult your doctor before using it.
Can I take tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen while breastfeeding?
Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen should not be used while breastfeeding, thus consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have taken tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen?
Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen may cause drowsiness and dizziness, thus you need to be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen?
Avoid consuming alcohol with tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen, as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol or tramadol
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney problem
- You have respiratory tract disorder like difficulty in breathing, asthma or lung problems
- You have a history of brain injury
- You experience fits or seizures
- You are taking medicines to treat pain (containing buprenorphine, nalbuphine or pentazocine)
Mode of Action of Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
How Does It Work?
Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen works by inhibiting the production of chemical which is responsible for pain (prostaglandins).
Interactions of Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, Parkinson’s disease, allergy, cough, pain or are taking medicines used to stop vomiting.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen used for?
A: Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen is used for the treatment of moderate-to-severe pain.
Q: In which all dosage form is tramadol+paracetamol / acetaminophen available?
A: Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen is available in the form of tablet, capsule, ampoule.
- Tramadol and Paracetamol 37.5mg/325mg Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Tramadol and Paracetamol 37.5mg/325mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Medicines containing Tramadol+Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
By ANGLO FRENCH DRUGS & INDUSTRIES LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product