Zylate 500mg Tab
By ZOTA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zylate 500mg Tab is used to stop or reduce bleeding in diseases that lead to excessive bleeding from the small blood vessels of the body. It is also used to prevent excessive bleeding during menstrual periods. Zylate 500mg Tab contains Ethamsylate as its active component. This medicine reduces bleeding time and blood loss. Take Zylate 500mg Tab for the correct dose and the exact duration as per your doctor's advice. You can take this medicine with or without food. It is advisable to take it with food, to avoid an upset stomach....
Uses of Zylate 500mg Tab
Zylate 500mg Tab is used for the treatment of excessive blood loss during menstruation and also to reduce the risk of brain haemorrhage in newly born babies.
Contraindications of Zylate 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Ethamsylate or any of the other ingredients of Zylate 500mg Tab .
- If you are suffering from any kind of blood disorder.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Zylate 500mg Tab
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Zylate 500mg Tab
Can I take the Zylate 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Zylate 500mg Tab in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Zylate 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during breastfeeding. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zylate 500mg Tab ?
Zylate 500mg Tab does not affect your ability to drive or use machinery, however, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zylate 500mg Tab ?
Although there is no known interaction of alcohol along with this medicine. Still, it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a condition of high/low blood pressure.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney-related problem.
- The newborn child develops a fever after taking this medicine. In such condition, the treatment should be discontinued.
Mode of Action of Zylate 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Ethamsylate in Zylate 500mg Tab acts by inducing the coagulation of blood by making the platelets stick together, hence helps in controlling bleeding from blood vessels.
Directions for Use of Zylate 500mg Tab
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food. Preferably it should be taken with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
- Always take it at the same time every day.
Interactions of Zylate 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Zylate 500mg Tab may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
Storage and disposal of Zylate 500mg Tab
- Store Zylate 500mg Tab at or below 25°C, in a cool dry place.
- Keep it away from heat and light.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Zylate 500mg Tab
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and you experience any adverse effects, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
A: You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or trying to be a parent. If you are breastfeeding. If you have a history of allergic reactions to any medicine.
Q: How does the Zylate 500mg Tab work?
A: Blood clotting is a complex process and involves various enzymes in different steps. Ethamsylate helps in arresting bleeding by binding to certain receptors where lysine binds, inhibiting the enzymes that break down these clots. Hence, it helps to stop excessive bleeding.
Q: Can I take Zylate 500mg Tab to avoid getting menses?
A: Zylate 500mg Tab is effective only in controlling excessive bleeding during menses and is not recommended for controlling or stopping regular menstrual cycles. It is advisable to consult your gynaecologist for controlling menses.