Zy Q 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zy Q 200 MG Description
Zy-Q 200 Tablet contains Hydroxychloroquine. It is used to provide symptomatic relief from various autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, skin rash due to sun exposure and systemic lupus
erythematosus (SLE). Take Zy-Q 200 in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration as per your doctor's advice. It should be taken after a meal or with a glass of milk to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine tablet abruptly, even if you start feeling better. You may experience the most common side effects such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and dizziness while on this medicine. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, then immediately contact your doctor.
Uses of Zy Q 200 MG
Contraindications of Zy Q 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of Zy-Q 200 Tablet.
- If you are allergic to chloroquine.
- If you are having an eye disease called maculopathy usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Zy Q 200 MG
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and loss of appetite.
- Headache, dizziness, mood swings and nervousness.
- Skin rash, itching, loss of hair and pigmentation.
- Blurred vision, unable to recognise colours and other eye disorders. If this happens, immediately stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor.
- Sudden severe fall in blood glucose, one may experience anxiety, sweating, hunger pangs, headaches, irritability or fainting.
Precautions and Warnings of Zy Q 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience visual disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- Zy-Q 200 Tablet may cause abnormal or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you already have heart disease.
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require a dose adjustment.
- You have stomach diseases.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop rashes after taking the Zy-Q 200 Tablet.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment. You should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Keep Zy-Q 200 Tablet away from children as even if a small amount is accidentally taken, it may cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Zy Q 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zy Q 200 MG
Interactions of Zy Q 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines like Digoxin for heart disorders with Zy-Q 200 can increase the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform your doctor about all your diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with Zy Q 200 Tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Amiodarone, Moxifloxacin & Halofantrine.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you are taking medicines along with antimalarials like Mefloquine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle weakness like Neostigmine & Pyridostigmine, medicines to treat worm infections like Praziquantel, Cimetidine and Gentamicin may not work properly.
- Medicines like Cyclosporin used or immune system disorders, Agalsidase and medicines used to treat fits should be used with caution along with Zy Q 200.
Storage and disposal of Zy Q 200 MG
- Store Zy-Q 200 Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Store this medicine in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Zy Q 200 MG
- An excess of Zy-Q 200 Tablet can cause headache, eyesight problems, low blood pressure, fits, irregular heartbeats, heart problems, difficulty in breathing and sometimes even heart attack.
- If you experience any of these symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.