Zy Q 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zy-Q 200 Tablet contains Hydroxychloroquine. It is used to provide symptomatic relief from various autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, skin rash due to sun exposure and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Take Zy-Q 200 in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration as per your doctor's advice. It should be taken after a meal or with a glass of milk to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine tablet abruptly, even if you start feeling better. You may experience the most common side effects such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and dizziness while on this medicine. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, then immediately contact your doctor....
|You Save||₹10.07 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Immune system disorders|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, headache|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydroxychloroquine(200.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zy Q 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Zy Q 200 MG
Zy-Q 200 Tablet is used in the treatment of Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its own body tissues, Rheumatoid arthritis (swelling and pain in joints) and skin rash due to sun exposure....
Contraindications of Zy Q 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Hydroxychloroquine or any of the other ingredients of Zy-Q 200 Tablet.
- If you are allergic to chloroquine.
- If you are having an eye disease called maculopathy usually characterised by visual abnormalities.
Side effects of Zy Q 200 MG
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and loss of appetite.
- Headache, dizziness, mood swings and nervousness.
- Skin rash, itching, loss of hair and pigmentation.
- Blurred vision, unable to recognise colours and other eye disorders. If this happens, immediately stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor.
- Sudden severe fall in blood glucose, one may experience anxiety, sweating, hunger pangs, headaches, irritability or fainting.
Precautions and Warnings of Zy Q 200 MG
Can I take the Zy-Q 200 Tablet during pregnancy?
Zy-Q 200 Tablet may cause harmful effects in unborn babies. Therefore, it is not recommended during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before starting any medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Zy-Q 200 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Hydroxychloroquine a component of Zy-Q 200 Tablet passes in human milk. Women taking this medicine should not breastfeed as newborns are very sensitive to the harmful effects to the baby. It is essential to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zy-Q 200 Tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, impaired ability to recognise objects properly & dizziness while on Zy-Q 200 Tablet. Hence, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Zy-Q 200 Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking the Zy-Q 200 Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience visual disturbances or have an existing eye disorder. Before beginning treatment with this medicine, you should undergo an eye examination.
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, monitoring of blood glucose is recommended if you are a diabetic.
- Zy-Q 200 Tablet may cause abnormal or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor shall conduct an ECG before starting treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you already have heart disease.
- You have liver or kidney diseases, you may require a dose adjustment.
- You have stomach diseases.
- You develop swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating and coughing while lying down.
- You develop rashes after taking the Zy-Q 200 Tablet.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for long-term treatment. You should be monitored regularly for heart health & blood count.
- You or your family have a history of an enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Keep Zy-Q 200 Tablet away from children as even if a small amount is accidentally taken, it may cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Zy Q 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Zy-Q 200 Tablet has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory actions. It inhibits the action of natural chemical substances such as prostaglandin, interleukins and other immune system modifying cells and enzymes. Therefore, relieves pain and swelling in autoimmune diseases....
Directions for Use of Zy Q 200 MG
Zy-Q 200 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Zy Q 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines like Digoxin for heart disorders with Zy-Q 200 can increase the risk of digoxin toxicity.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with insulin or other antidiabetic medicine. Inform your doctor about all your diabetic medicines.
- Antacids and medicines used to stop diarrhoea should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours when used together with Zy Q 200 Tablet.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Amiodarone, Moxifloxacin & Halofantrine.
- There is an increased risk of an episode of fits if you are taking medicines along with antimalarials like Mefloquine.
- Medicines used to treat muscle weakness like Neostigmine & Pyridostigmine, medicines to treat worm infections like Praziquantel, Cimetidine and Gentamicin may not work properly.
- Medicines like Cyclosporin used or immune system disorders, Agalsidase and medicines used to treat fits should be used with caution along with Zy Q 200.
Storage and disposal of Zy Q 200 MG
- Store Zy-Q 200 Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Store this medicine in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Zy Q 200 MG
- An excess of Zy-Q 200 Tablet can cause headache, eyesight problems, low blood pressure, fits, irregular heartbeats, heart problems, difficulty in breathing and sometimes even heart attack.
- If you experience any of these symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the Zy-Q 200 Tablet on my own?
A: No, Zy-Q 200 Tablet is to be taken if prescribed by your doctor. Taking this medicine by self-medication can lead to harm. Before giving this medicine, your doctor shall perform an ECG to check if you have any heart ailment. Your doctor will also look at your other existing disorders, medicines and adjust the dose accordingly.
Q: Are there any serious side effects of Hydroxychloroquine?
A: Yes, there are certain serious side effects. It can cause a severe drop in blood sugar which can be dangerous. It can cause heart-related side effects which can be serious. It can cause skin peeling, blistering known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome. It can cause anaemia, low platelet count and liver enzymes being raised.
Q: What is the Zy Q 200 Tablet?
A: Zy-Q 200 Tablet contains Hydroxychloroquine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat autoimmune disorders such as Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), an immune system disorder in which the immune system attacks its own body tissues. It is also used to treat Rheumatoid arthritis.
Q: Is Zy-Q 200 safe and effective?
A: Zy Q 200 Tablet is safe and effective when consumed in the correct dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. An excess of this medicine can result in increased side effects while taking lower than a required dose will result in decreased effectiveness and might not show desired results.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.