Zosert 25mg Tablet
Zosert 25 MG Description
Zosert Tablet is a prescription medication used for the treatment of various conditions like major depressive disorder, anxiety-related uses, panic disorders, etc. It consists of sertraline as its ac
tive ingredient. It is an antidepressant medication. Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric depression, social anxiety disorders, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) are other uses of Zorset Tablets. Depression is a state of mind issue that causes persistent feelings of sadness, loneliness, anger, etc. Zosert Tablets calm excitable nerves in the brain and improve mood and memory. There are also many side effects of Zosert tablets, so the medicine must be carefully monitored. Take the Zosert Tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time every day for optimal pharmacological effects. Do not change the dosage of Zosert without consulting your doctor, and do not discontinue its usage abruptly. Instead, this tablet should be tapered slowly; otherwise, it can cause unwanted withdrawal symptoms, such as restlessness, palpitations, sleep disturbances, anxiety, etc. This medicine can cause dependency in some people. Zosert Tablet can also increase suicidal behaviour in young adults and children.
|Uses||Panic disorder, major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder, OCD, post-traumatic stress disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, premature ejaculation.|
|Side effects||Fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, sweating, blurry vision, confusion, memory problems, nausea, delayed ejaculation, low sex desire|
Uses of Zosert 25 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Zosert tablet is used in
- Treatment of symptoms associated with major depressive disorder.
- Treatment of panic disorder and social anxiety disorder (reduces the state of fear).
- Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder - a depression that occurs before menstruation.
- Management of generalised anxiety disorder.
- Treatment of repetitive thoughts and actions in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Management of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Contraindications of Zosert 25 MG
- If you have a known allergy to sertraline, do not use this medication. It can cause itching, rashes, swelling of the face, eyes, lips, throat, difficulty breathing, and other allergic reactions.
- If you are using different antidepressants like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors), it can cause life-threatening adverse reactions.
- If you have any history of alcohol addiction or substance abuse.
- If you notice any mood changes, suicidal thoughts or behaviour.
- If you are being treated for alcohol addiction.
- If you are using medications that increase the serotonin levels in the body.
- If you have a mild liver condition, it should be approached with caution. It is not recommended if you have a severe liver disease.
- Do not administer Zosert Tablet to children below 18 years of age, except in obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Side effects of Zosert 25 MG
- Sleep disturbances
- Blurry vision
- Changes in sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of Zosert 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are older than 65 years; monitor the dosage, as the effects last longer due to slow metabolism
- You have kidney disorders, this medicine should be used with precaution even though it is safe.
- You are experiencing any suicidal thoughts after taking Zorset Tablet.
- You experience a low sex drive.
- You have angle-closure glaucoma, an eye disorder. This medicine can increase fluid pressure in the eye and cause blindness.
- You have a seizure disorder (fits). This medicine should be used with caution.
- You have a bleeding disorder.
- You are using any herbal or ayurvedic medicines or supplements like St. John’s wort. It can cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Zosert 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zosert 25 MG
- Take Zosert Tablet exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of Zosert Tablet, even if you do not notice any changes.
- You can take this tablet before or after consuming a meal.
- Take it at the same time regularly to maintain steady levels in the body.
- Take Zosert Tablet as a whole, with glass or water and do not crush, chew or break it into pieces.
- You can take the Zosert Tablet before or after consuming food.
- Do not stop using Zosert Tablet abruptly as it can cause some mild side effects.
Interactions of Zosert 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take a Zosert Tablet with disulfiram (medication used in the treatment of alcohol addiction) because sertraline concentrate contains alcohol.
- If you are using a Zorset Tablet, do not use other medications that also increase serotonin levels, such as SSRIs, SNRIs, triptans, etc. It can lead to serotonin toxicity and cause life-threatening side effects....
- Using Zosert Tablet with medications like aspirin, NSAIDs, blood thinners (warfarin), antiplatelet medicines, etc., can lead to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Consuming Zosert Tablet with other antidepressants like methylene blue, linezolid, etc. Interactions between these two kinds of medicines can be fatal.
- Taking Zosert Tablet with the antipsychotic medicine pimozide. It can cause bleeding or bruising.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid cola drinks, chocolate and caffeine-containing food products with Zosert Tablet. All these food items can increase serotonin, and the combination can result in a condition called serotonin syndrome. It causes symptoms such as high fever, agitation, vomiting, nausea, rapid heartbeat, trembling, sweating, and sudden movements on the muscles....
Storage and disposal of Zosert 25 MG
Dosage of Zosert 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: At what time can I take a Zosert Tablet?
Q: How long can I take a Zosert Tablet?
Q: How long does it take for the Zosert Tablet to work?
- BZ; LGTH. Sertraline overdose [Internet]. Academic emergency medicine : official journal of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- ZOLOFT Label ZOLOFT (sertraline hydrochloride). Accessdata. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- Singh HK. Sertraline [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from: