Zofer Injection 2ml
Zofer 4 MG Description
Zofer 2mg/ml injection contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. It belongs to antiemetic class of medicines that are used to control nausea and vomiting. Serotonin a chemical in the body respons
ble for nausea and vomiting is blocked by Ondansetron, thus prevents nausea and vomiting.
- Ondem Injection 2mlBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd2ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 13.10₹ 10.483% CHEAPER₹ 5.24/Ml
Uses of Zofer 4 MG
Contraindications of Zofer 4 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Zofer injection.
- If you are taking a medicine called Apomorphine, which is used to treat the loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Zofer 4 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Sensation of warmth
- The local reaction at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Zofer 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to similar medicines like Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- You have severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood or dehydration or you are experiencing fluid loss.
Mode of Action of Zofer 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zofer 4 MG
Interactions of Zofer 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking medicine like Amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or arrhythmias.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole....
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Zofer 2mg/ml injection along with Apomorphine. Hence, these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work when taken along with Zofer 2mg/ml injection injection.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea), including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat mental states like Citalopram or Sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin may affect the action of Zofer 2mg/ml injection injection.
Storage and disposal of Zofer 4 MG
- Keep the injection in the original pack, protect from light
- Discard any unused portion of injection properly
Dosage of Zofer 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Zofer 2mg/ml injection I?
- Inform your doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or stomach disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Zofer 2mg/ml injection sedative?
Q: What is Zofer 2mg/ml injection used for?
Q: Can Zofer 2mg/ml injection be given during pregnancy?
Q: Is Zofer 2mg/ml injection useful for motion sickness?
Q: How do you give a Zofer injection?
Q: What are the side effects of Zofer injection?
- Ondansetron Injection- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Ondansetron Injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]